1 reply to this topic

#1 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 12242 posts
  • LocationSeattle area
  • ReligionLDS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Robert Bork, known for contentious Supreme Court nomination, dies at 85 - CNN.com

Ted Kennedy hated the man. That alone should be reason enough to celebrate his goodness.

As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! -james12
We cannot become like God without becoming like God. -The Folk Prophet
Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#2 Eowyn

Eowyn

courage for our friends

• Senior Moderators
  • 7177 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

May he rest in peace.

But when I hear/read his name, this is what I think of;

Posted Image

We need to be reminded that contention is a striving against one another, especially in controversy or argument. It is to struggle, fight, battle, quarrel, or dispute. Contention never was and never will be an ally of progress. Our loyalty will never be measured by our participation in controversy. Some misunderstand the realm, scope, and dangers of contention. Too many of us are inclined to declare, “Who, me? I am not contentious, and I’ll fight anyone who says I am.” There are still those among us who would rather lose a friend than an argument. How important it is to know how to disagree without being disagreeable. It behooves all of us to be in the position to involve ourselves in factual discussions and meaningful study, but never in bitter arguments and contention. -Marvin J Ashton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq