understanding the atonement

kevieb

The ancient pagan notion of heaven was living a life of leisure in the clouds - while the men are feed pealed grapes by beautiful young maidens and the ladies are waited on - hand and foot by stapling hansom men. Although this sounds like the ideal concept of heaven - it is my impression that it is most likely to coincide with the Telestial Kingdom rather than the Celestial Kingdom. If there is any correlation I would see the beautiful young maidens and the stapling hansom men as Celestial beings fulfilling their Celestial desires of service. Understanding that in the Celestial kingdom service is the greatest virtue.

As I understand - the notion that the Telestial glory is to receive the glory presided over by the Holy Ghost. This is exactly the condition I believe we are currently living - in other words the laws and covenants are Telestial and are presided over by the Holy Ghost. All our understanding and enlightenment is under that covenant.

The Terrestrial Kingdom is like unto Eden or the millennium and the laws and covenants will be presided over by Jesus Christ. The laws and covenants are Terrestrial. All the understanding and enlightenment will be according to a Terrestrial covenant.

The Celestial Kingdom is according to the covenants of the Father.

What I do not believe is that the Holy Ghost will be stuck with having to live with and govern the Telestial Kingdom any more than the Father and the Son - or for that matter, any other Celestial being.

But there is a thought you have expressed that I would like to explore. This is the thought that in the Terrestrial and Telestial Kingdoms there will be no sin. I find this a strange notion because it is my understanding that our current world is a Telestial world existing under Telestial law - and the citizens of this Telestial kingdom enjoy a great many sins. Would you explain you concept more - and would you be open to questions directed towards your concepts?

The Traveler

Sorry I don't have a bunch of time right now but this is a good start;

D&C 88 " 104 And this shall be the sound of his trump, saying to all people, both in heaven and in earth, and that are under the earth—for every ear shall hear it, and every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall confess, while they hear the sound of the trump, saying: Fear God, and give glory to him who sitteth upon the throne, forever and ever; for the hour of his judgment is come.

105 And again, another angel shall sound his trump, which is the sixth angel, saying: She is fallen who made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication; she is fallen, is fallen!

106 And again, another angel shall sound his trump, which is the seventh angel, saying: It is finished; it is finished! The Lamb of God hath overcome and trodden the wine-press alone, even the wine-press of the fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God."

Unless you think that "It is finished; it is finished!" (note the exclamation mark) does not really mean "finished" then I am not sure what you think is left over.

Also, "every" in this case really means every,(not a soul left out) both in Heaven and on Earth, shall hear and shall bow and every tongue confess. So, if everyone confesses, hears it and bows, and it is finished, then what is it that you hope is left over for the Terrestrial and Telestial Kingdom to continue with in their glory? (The glory of which the Telestial kingdom is greater than anything here! Our fallen state is overcome to the point of never having to go this low again - for everybody!!)