• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgia2

georgia2

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi Guys!
I am looking for a specific scripture and maybe someone here knows what I'm looking for. I know I have read and also heard discussed that in a given situation the majority of people choose evil over good that Gods arm of judgements are not far behind. I must admit I haven't spent a lot of time looking for it, just a little. Does anyone know?? Thanks!!!

#2 estradling75

estradling75

The Grumpy Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 3974 posts
  • LocationOut of my Mind

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mosiah 29
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.

27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
I had a life once... now I have a computer and a modem.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. Stephen R Covey

#3 changed

changed

• Members
  • 2447 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

(Old Testament | Genesis 18:26 - 33)
26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

hehe, couldn't resist, had to give some hope to the faithful few who still remain in the land of Sodom...
1 Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, ...we shall be changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq