Help me dress my family for Sealing, please!

We are in a very non-LDS area so I can't just stop into a store and shop. Or rent. I'm going to have to order things online which takes time. I also have height issues. My sons are 6'5". Pants in that size are always a problem. :rolleyes:

What will I need? I am always last minute and disorganized for everything so I'm really trying to plan ahead here. ;)

Teen boys

Teen girls

1 yr old girl

Me (female)

Husband

Thank you!

All endowed persons need special temple clothing, which (depending on which temple you are attending) can probably be rented at the temple for a very small cleaning fee. Children being sealed to parents, including non-endowed adults, need to have all-white clothing. It is my understanding that adults over the age of 21 who have not been endowed cannot be sealed to their parents until they are endowed, though if they die they can be sealed by proxy to their parents.

Depending on where you are it really is wisest to rent the clothing from the temple. For Sealings most temple have the clothing for the children. They realize there is a significant cost.

Call the temple and ask. Ask your RS President or the Bishop's wife.

Having said all that.....here are two sites that are usually helpful:

http://store.lds.org/

LDS Temple Clothing | Mormon Temple Clothes | Temple Wedding Dresses

The boys shirts can be bought at any department store or Walmart/Target. Just white shirts with white buttons. Pants for boys and men are harder to find so the Distribution Center is usually easiest and best price.

Keep in mind that the clothing will probably not be worn again until they have outgrown it. Your 6'5" son might be different. How close to missionary age is he and is he planning on going on a mission? If so, you might want to purchase this white pants now. He will need them on his mission.

Addition: colors on tags are not an issue. A small logo on the top of white socks is not an issue either (Walmart/Kmart/Target socks work well).

It depends on which temple you are going to. If it is a large temple they will have the clothing to rent. If it is a small temple you have to bring your own white clothing.

As a side note... if you are purchasing your temple clothing for the first time I do believe they give you a huge discount on it. You have to go to a beehive clothing (located next to some temples)

Guest DeborahC

Well, the Fresno Temple is the smallest I have ever seen.

In fact, the first time I drove to it, I got lost because I was looking for a spire like at my home Portland, Oregon. I drove into a neighborhood, didn't see anything, and couldn't believe it when I rounded a corner and it was there, smaller than the meeting house.

Not to say it isn't lovely.

But.. it's tiny, and they have rental clothing.

It's good to call ahead, I understand, to make sure they know you are coming.

Also, you can ask your Relief Society President.

Our Stake has a lady who has used but nice Temple dresses that she gives or sells to sisters who don't have other options...

Ha! my 6'5" son just turned 14. No chance of a mission soon. ;)

I found out that there is "minimal clothing for rental". Not looking too good. :( This will be a Saturday...can't imagine they will have anything.

This is what I have:

*a white baptism dress with some beading. short sleeve but not a tiny short sleave. tea length. It is a gorgeous dress and I'd love to use it!

*white church shirts

*white ties (no sure why but we have white ties)

*white sweaters for girls that we use in the chilly spring for church. All white with no designs or things on them.

Can I salvage something out of this pile of mismatched clothing????

This is what I have:

*a white baptism dress with some beading. short sleeve but not a tiny short sleave. tea length. It is a gorgeous dress and I'd love to use it!

*white church shirts

*white ties (no sure why but we have white ties)

*white sweaters for girls that we use in the chilly spring for church. All white with no designs or things on them.

Is the dress for you or your young daughter? If it is for you, you will not be able to wear that in the temple. Your dress will need to cover your chest completely (up to your collar bones), sleeves to your wrist and length to your ankles. You could wear something to cover your chest and arms (such as a sweater), but that dress would be too short for you.

I think (but I could be wrong on this), if the dress is for your daughter, then she can wear it. I don't think the length (as long as it is modest) matters for a child.

The white sweaters would be perfect for the temple. The white shirts and ties would be fine to use as well. Although I don't think white ties are required for temple wear.

Yes, the baptism dress is for my daughter. It's a modest gown...short sleeves but modest short sleeves...we can probably problem solve with a white sweater.

Fo me, I was married in a modest wedding gown (I was a fundamentalist baptist) and believe me, NOTHING is showing in that gown. ;) I'm going to have it altered and wear that! Total fun! :D

Glad to know we are able to use a few things.

I will call the temple for more details. :)