• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FreeForA11

FreeForA11

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Maybe this isn't the right section but I just have a small question. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get my brain moving again and to remember all the basic stuff I learned in high school? Just returned from a mission, so I forgot everything and I won't be able to enter school untill fall. So to prepare, is there away to practice, or other matters? Thanks

#2 Bini

Bini

xoxo

• Members
  • 5733 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Maybe this isn't the right section but I just have a small question. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get my brain moving again and to remember all the basic stuff I learned in high school? Just returned from a mission, so I forgot everything and I won't be able to enter school untill fall. So to prepare, is there away to practice, or other matters? Thanks

I think you'll be surprised by what you've maintained, even if you're a bit rusty. There are many ways to sharpen up skills. If you've got easy access to Internet, there are plenty of free sites that offer quick lessons and quizzes. There are even free apps for mobile devices.

No more dancing candy cane - hurrah!

#3 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10101 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Khan Academy
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#4 SanctitasDeo

SanctitasDeo

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Vort beat me to Khan Academy. If you want history, there is this interesting series: https://www.youtube....DA2E52FB1EF80C9.

#5 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12192 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, WA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hillsdale College has a free online course on the Constitution. https://www.hillsdal...custom_32=E007H

I've heard that even some Ivy League schools are offering free online access to many of their professors' lectures. Universities | Academic Earth

Edited by prisonchaplain, 25 February 2013 - 05:36 PM.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

#6 mnn727

mnn727

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • 2234 posts
  • LocationNorth of Dallas

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Coursea
http://pawfiction.proboards.com
Worship without sacrifice is just words

#7 Dravin

Dravin

Gneiss Guy

• Members
  • 13059 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

One option is older editions of college textbooks. For instance if you want to brush up on your college level algebra an used textbook can be had fairly cheap. The prices for these things drop fairly quickly and often times the difference between the 7th Ed. and the 5th Ed, or even 7th Ed. and 1st Ed., is negligible.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq