Returning to Education

FreeForA11

Maybe this isn't the right section but I just have a small question. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get my brain moving again and to remember all the basic stuff I learned in high school? Just returned from a mission, so I forgot everything and I won't be able to enter school untill fall. So to prepare, is there away to practice, or other matters? Thanks

Maybe this isn't the right section but I just have a small question. Does anyone know of a site or a way to get my brain moving again and to remember all the basic stuff I learned in high school? Just returned from a mission, so I forgot everything and I won't be able to enter school untill fall. So to prepare, is there away to practice, or other matters? Thanks

I think you'll be surprised by what you've maintained, even if you're a bit rusty. There are many ways to sharpen up skills. If you've got easy access to Internet, there are plenty of free sites that offer quick lessons and quizzes. There are even free apps for mobile devices.

Khan Academy

Hillsdale College has a free online course on the Constitution. https://www.hillsdaleoffer.com/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=13&custom_16=OCC&custom_31=HIP7NAPX&custom_32=E007H

I've heard that even some Ivy League schools are offering free online access to many of their professors' lectures. Universities | Academic Earth

Edited by prisonchaplain

One option is older editions of college textbooks. For instance if you want to brush up on your college level algebra an used textbook can be had fairly cheap. The prices for these things drop fairly quickly and often times the difference between the 7th Ed. and the 5th Ed, or even 7th Ed. and 1st Ed., is negligible.