Photo
- - - - -

What can I expect in my priesthood interview?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roso6912

roso6912

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Tomorrow, I have my interview with the 1st counselor in my stake presidency. My interview with my branch president was on February 24, and it went fine. He told me to carefully study D&C 84:33-42, which I have read 3 times now. I clearly understand the message, and I'm pretty confident that I'm worthy and ready to become an elder. However, I am a little bit nervous, as I'm not sure what to expect from my upcoming interview. What questions will the counselor ask me? Are they the same as/similar to what the branch president asked? If anyone can answer these, I'd be really grateful. If all goes well, then my advancement will be announced/ratified on the 17th (stake conference) and I'll be ordained to the office of elder in elders quorum on the 24th.

#2 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10101 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm surprised you're talking to the counselor and not to the stake president. Don't sweat it in any case; it's just talking and advice-giving.
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#3 Dravin

Dravin

Gneiss Guy

• Members
  • 12976 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm surprised you're talking to the counselor and not to the stake president. Don't sweat it in any case; it's just talking and advice-giving.

That was my experience. It wasn't really much of a component of a worthiness interview involved as I'd already been approved by my Bishop. He did ask if there was anything in that avenue we needed to talk about, but it was more a conversation and advice giving as you suggest rather than him scouring to find some worthiness issue the Bishop missed. In fact, because of personal reasons and concern about truly being worthy, I was reassured of my worthiness.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

#4 roso6912

roso6912

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why it was the counselor, and not the stake president. Anyway, the interview went just as you two said it would, and my advancement to Elder will proceed as I mentioned. I'm so excited!

#5 Doctrine

Doctrine

• Validating
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

The stake pres might be hanging out with a general authority that might be the reason but like everyone has said dont sweat it you would have known if you we're not ready with the branch president.

#6 Palerider

Palerider

I don\'t own a horse-Senior Member

• Members
  • 17398 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Stake Councilors can do those interviews now....Whichever one the Stake Pres delegates that to
As Long As I Am Here......It Doesn't Matter Where Here Is.....

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them....Ronald Reagan

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.......Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq