4 replies to this topic

#1 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 5890 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Well... Husband and I recently reached a decision regarding his upcoming 19-week military training: He will be going and I and Baby will be staying with my parents in Utah. When this decision was made, we both felt so at peace and everything just slid into place. We are aiming to have me fly out once a month or so to visit.

However, I'm an emotional wreck about it (and I doubt postpartum emotions are helping much).

Any strategies on dealing with the separation?

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#2 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6218 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm just glad you're talking about that kind of separation! I hope it goes by quickly for you.
Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#3 Jenamarie

Jenamarie

I am glad for many things.

• Members
  • 2205 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

My DH and I recently went through a separation of similar length. Will your DH have access to Skype and/or Facebook? What helped DH and I were regular "skype dates", plus random Facebook chats before work and during his breaks. Obviously military training probably won't afford you as many opportunities for just random communications, but whatever you can squeeze in will help. :)
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

#4 DHK

DHK

5,000+ posts and hasn't been banned yet...

• Senior Moderators
  • 5408 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm just glad you're talking about that kind of separation! I hope it goes by quickly for you.

Exactly! I was thinking "who is so insensitive to do a separation right when a baby is born???". Glad it's the kind you're talking about. :embarrassed:

Formerly known as 'Skippy740'.

"But make no mistake about it, brothers and sisters; in the months and years ahead, events will require of each member that he or she decide whether or not he or she will follow the First Presidency. Members will find it more difficult to halt longer between two opinions (see 1 Kings 18:21).  President Marion G. Romney said, many years ago, that he had "never hesitated to follow the counsel of the Authorities of the Church even though it crossed my social, professional, or political life" (CR, April 1941, p. 123). This is a hard doctrine, but it is a particularly vital doctrine in a society which is becoming more wicked. In short, brothers and sisters, not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ includes not being ashamed of the prophets of Jesus Christ." - Neal A. Maxwell, October 10th, 1978.

http://speeches.byu....viewitem&id=909

#5 alison_143

alison_143

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I was apart from my husband for my entire pregnancy and the first 3 month of our son's life due to the immigration process. It was awful. What got me through was my baby. Having that little piece of my husband that I could feel inside me and later was able to hug and kiss and cuddle gave me so much comfort.

Smother that little precious baby with all the love you have. That child is a manifestation of your love for your husband and it will help to have that baby to distract you and make you forget about being lonely. The time will pass and you will be even more in love with your husband when he comes back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq