Fellowship Of The Unashamed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenRaines

BenRaines

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • 5505 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

"Fellowship of the Unashamed" by Henry B. Eyring. "I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough. My companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the fare of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR!
"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties." Sir Francis Bacon

#2 Blessed

Blessed

• Inactive with Posts
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

Ben that is lovely. WHile reading those words apart of me got enthused with the ideas and notions I was reading. Thinking "yes, that's me! Glory to God!!!" However, that me only lasts for a little while. In the meantime my flesh comes in and gets mad at the driver in front of me and I yell at him. Or I get a short temper with my kids or hubby because they ask me "what else is for dinner?" Sometimes I have sin enter my thoughts and yes, sometimes actions follow. SO while I yell out your banner with you... in my life... I can only yell it apart of the time. Forgive me.
believe

#3 Dr T

Dr T

• Members
  • 17397 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

That is really good Ben. Thank you for that. :)
To base thought only on speech is to try nailing whispers to the wall. Writing freezes thought and offers it up for inspection Jack Rosenthal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq