Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Reading Material - Book of Mormon in story format?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeKook

LeKook

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hi All! I'm trying to find out if there is a "novel" or series form of the Book of Mormon scriptures. I know this sounds like a goofy request but the problem (for me) is that the scriptures aren't in chronological format and I need something that will help me remember what happened in that order. When I was growing up we had Bible story books that helped me learn the Bible in some sort of sensible order so now that I'm older I still know what prophet came before what other prophet, where major events occurred in history, etc. I have the bookmarks (with the chron order on them) and they aren't helpful. If I could find the stories in the scriptures, simplified, in the order they occurred, it would be a HUGE help. My brain cell suffers enough as it is. Now I'm just getting lost. Have already tried audio format on some of this - still could not retain the info. Need it in written format. Any suggestions? Thanks! -Lynn P.S. I apologize if this might be in the wrong forum - didn't know which to post it in! :confused:

#2 dahlia

dahlia

• Members
  • 1793 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I have '2 Hour Book of Mormon,' by Larry Anderson. You can get it on Kindle. It gets you through the important parts in a very accessible manner, then, once you get an overview, you can go back and read the 'real' BOM.

#3 LeKook

LeKook

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Dahlia - I'll take a look at that. Mostly I just want better jogs for my memory, LOL!!! We're studying D&C in class on Sundays and it's all over the place. I can't seem to get a grip on chronology for scriptures and frankly I have a feeling that I'm running out of time to figure it out.

#4 dahlia

dahlia

• Members
  • 1793 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I also got a 'Book of Mormon Times at a Glance, Booklet' from the LDS online store. It's nice to see a timeline of what happens.

#5 Praetorian_Brow

Praetorian_Brow

Banned

• Banned
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

I loved reading this as a child and it may help what you are looking for.

Book of Mormon Reader

Edited by Praetorian_Brow, 15 June 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#6 brycematheson

brycematheson

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Ah! Praetorian_Brow got to it before I did. I was going to suggest that. The Book of Mormon stories are a great resource! I might be grown, but I still love to read through it from time to time. It goes through the most important events in the Book of Mormon in a story form with pictures and easy-to-read captions. They have one of those for each of the major books of Scripture. I'd give that a shot.
http://www.laytreasuresinheaven.com <-- A Mormon blog.
http://www.mormonblogging.com/ <-- LDS and Mormon Blog Directory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq