Not sure what to think about these events

Backroads

Man Charged After Corralling Suspected Vandals In Closet

Saw this on Facebook, wasn't sure what to think.

A big part of me is really ticked off by the idea of parents letting kids out at night where they are able to vandalize property. 'Course, I think this man made some very bad choices in his reaction.

What would you do if you were a parent in this situation?

Shake the hand of the man who put my children in a closet instead of beating them.

Oh the torture, he put 8 and 10 year-olds in a closet after they trashed his dad's home; a home they have put a lot of money in to enhance.

The man did nothing wrong, and again, children who should be punished and be informed to the horrible decisions they made, are now thinking they are the victims.

What a wonderful society. Let's trash something, break something, and then be told we are the victims because we were put in a closet.

Again, I would shake the hand of this man for controlling his anger and not beating these kids.

There's a lot of awful people out there, mean and dangerous ones too, and for this man (probably quick thinking) to corral these juveniles into a closet until authorities arrived -- that's a good idea to the alternative!

Wow. Although the thought of my children being mistreated makes me sick, I am pretty sure my words to any of my children that had this happen would be "what did you expect? Should he have invited you over for dinner and bought you a present?"

Maybe it is a good thing that the kids are traumatized. It may keep them out of trouble in the future knowing that there are people out there that are not going to take any crap from them.

:clap:

standing ovation

Edit: I hope public opinion is so loud whoever filed the charges reconsiders. The parents of 8-10 year olds, who allow them to run unsupervised at

9pm, are the ones who endangered their children by not knowing where they were and what they were doing.

Edited by applepansy

What the children did was absolutely VERY wrong and they should be punished but I don't believe his story. I think when he reached and saw what these children did he was FURIOUS and probably things got out of hand very quickly and I think he probably said a few things to threaten them because he was very angry and perhaps he took one of the children by the neck as it was claimed, I really think he did it because I know how ANY normal person would react in a situation like that after you have put so much work, money and effort. So no, I don't believe he just put them in a closet and said "You guys wait here until the police arrive".

What the children did was absolutely VERY wrong and they should be punished but I don't believe his story. I think when he reached and saw what these children did he was FURIOUS and probably things got out of hand very quickly and I think he probably said a few things to threaten them because he was very angry and perhaps he took one of the children by the neck as it was claimed, I really think he did it because I know how ANY normal person would react in a situation like that after you have put so much work, money and effort. So no, I don't believe he just put them in a closet and said "You guys wait here until the police arrive".

If it did go how the kids say, do you believe the man deserves criminal charges?

If it did go how the kids say, do you believe the man deserves criminal charges?

No, if they were "big" enough to smash 17 windows and electrical fixtures along with toilets and bathroom sinks AND they have the audacity to write derogatory slangs about women on the walls, then a little shaken up won't kill them.

Having said that, things could have been worst... hurt either by their own actions or by this man if he didn't control himself.

These kids got off easy. If they were my kids, they would have had it worse... FROM THEIR DAD. It wouldn't surprise me if he would have driven them to juvie and begged the warden to keep them there a week after he whacks their bottoms and AFTER the dude stuck them in the closet...

My concern is if there is any truth to the kids' claims about being grabbed about the neck and whatnot.

I would love to see these two things be handled separately. These parents shouldn't be saying "you traumatized our kids so that makes the vandalism okay".