Deserted Island Talk

tubaloth

Ok lets say you are on a Deserted Island... Okay you have your scriptures and manuals and all the normal stuff. But you could only take one talk, be it General Conference, BYU devotional talk or what ever other talk that has been published. You could only take one talk with you, which one would it be?

Gene England's "Why the Church is as True as the Gospel"

Why the Church Is As True As the Gospel |

"We are the ones who must constantly remind ourselves that the Church is not a place to go for comfort, to get our own prejudices validated, but a place to comfort others, even to be afflicted by them. It is a revealed and effec*tive opportunity to give—to learn and experience the meaning of the Atonement and its power to change us through uncon*ditional love. It is a place where we have many chances to re*pent and forgive—if, for a change, we can focus on our own failings and the needs of others to grow through their and our imperfect efforts."- Gene England

Most excellent!!

WILSON!!!!!!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU CLEANED UP THE HUSKS WILSON!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

WILSON!!!

you know I saw at a flea market someone had made these neat plaques with bible verses on them, but they weren't very detailed, I should make one, but paint it, all the words and little flowers, with a saying or verse on it (while the subject is here) though with the poem I like, it'd be more picture sized and probably best on paper vs wood

Probably something on basic raft building from one of the Backwoodsman Magazine conferences. You didn't specify that it had to be a talk published by the Church ;)

Of course, considering that "all the normal stuff" for me would mean I have it all on my Nook, there just might be a book on simple boat building in there already.

Is there a talk that tells me how to desalinate water? Because if I am stranded on a desert island, I can't think of anything more useless than a conference talk. At least the scriptures are useful fire starter (the lds scripture pages are so thin that they would ignite easily under a magnifying glass)

Is there a talk that tells me how to desalinate water? Because if I am stranded on a desert island, I can't think of anything more useless than a conference talk. At least the scriptures are useful fire starter (the lds scripture pages are so thin that they would ignite easily under a magnifying glass)

maybe, but they do have something useful on a desert island.

Survival experts say you should keep the mind active and busy, reading and/or recording one's thoughts are good to do, to avoid the onset of depression

as for water, boiling kills all pathogen's

maybe, but they do have something useful on a desert island.

Survival experts say you should keep the mind active and busy, reading and/or recording one's thoughts are good to do, to avoid the onset of depression

as for water, boiling kills all pathogen's

Boiling will kill pathogens, but it won't take the salt out of sea water.

However, if you boil water under a thick piece of plastic, water can condense on the plastic and be collected in a separate container. It's inefficient, but works in a bind. Solar reflection can be used in a similar manner.