• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 willemv

willemv

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hello there family search friends. I am looking to find my family in here and add the information I already have in hopes that I might find some on here as well. Hope to see you soon. Bill v.

#82 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 52259 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Welcome willemv. I'm glad you are here but however, you won't find any family history information on this site. Might I direct you to www.familysearch.org?

#83 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10168 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Or http://new.familysearch.org.
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#84 gerriepetty

gerriepetty

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I am trying to reach the site to fill out a form for my mother. She passed away in 2010 and I want to do her work. How do I print out the form to take to the Temple to start the process by being baptized for her? It says I am not registered but I have done work for others and have printed forms for this purpose. What am I doing wrong?

#85 roberta

roberta

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

It goes by temple district, not state. Our temple district got it about 2 years ago and it's FABULOUS!

#86 rufinofr

rufinofr

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

My dead grandparents and parents were baptized in the temple way back in 1980's & 90's when internet is not yet known to me. Some of my relatives died 2 years ago and want them to baptized also. I had just acquired my lap top 9 months ago but I can not understand how to make them ready for temple baptism.

#87 rutas43

rutas43

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hello, Thank you for your time, I'm a member of the LDS, I go to Hillpark Ward, Manurewa Stake, and I'm interested to be part of this community. Kind Regards Ruta Su'a

#88 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5870 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hello,
Thank you for your time, I'm a member of the LDS, I go to Hillpark Ward, Manurewa Stake, and I'm interested to be part of this community.

Kind Regards

Ruta Su'a

Welcome Ruta

#89 classylady

classylady

• Senior Moderators
  • 1614 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

When I'm entering names on new family search--not for temple work, but entering information on my immediate family for family group sheets, how do I enter names of parents when they are not married, and they have had children? There are spaces to fill in for husband/wife, but the individuals I want to list are not married and they've had a child together. Would I still enter them as husband/wife and their children, and just leave blank a marriage date? Should I send a question to new family search, or is there a place where I can go for rules where questions such as this would be answered. Never mind. I found the answer.

Edited by classylady, 14 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#90 margaretlynngalley

margaretlynngalley

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I'm old, not as old as dirt, but old and would like to stay young mentally so I am willing to try staying in touch and I am only interested in LDS conversations. Will this do for starters? I hope so because I am lost as to what else is required.

#91 mmthemax

mmthemax

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

you jerks I want new family search .org not lds.net quit hijacking the site.

#92 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5870 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

you jerks I want new family search .org not lds.net quit hijacking the site.

You do realize that new.familysearch.org will be going away sometime early 2013. Got that from Ron Tanner at the Family History Conference last month.

Family Tree is up and running ...LIVE!!! Its amazing. If anyone needs the invitation link PM me. But if you log into familysearch.org you should already have the Family Tree link at the top.

Its an amazing improvement.

#93 histry4

histry4

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

LDS member, My name is Curtis W Grubbs, I am 71 yrs old, I can't go to the Temple right now. I have worked on my family for the last 57 yrs, I sent some of my work to the DC Temple a number of years ago and they did the work for me. My son has done work for me also a cousin did some work. The Idaho Falls Temple is in walking distance of my house but they are telling me they can't do the work for me, I have been to the Family Center and they told me some things to do, but I didn't understand them and the woman at the Temple talked over me and was very rude, I was very suprised @ her attitude and couldn't belive she said that thy could not do the work from my family group sheets, this is what I have used before. If I sent the wrong sheets in all she had to do is tell me she had the wrong sheets. Iworked long hours to get them filled out and now I am told the work can't be done. what's the point? If this is her attitude I feel I have wasted my time and the responsibility fall on her. I am sure my relatives will not gor get her. THANK YOU cwg

#94 mking1234

mking1234

• Inactive 1+ year
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I got divorced from husband. how do i take him off my family tree

#95 Chilango27

Chilango27

• Inactive 6+ Months
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have completed a lot of family history on ancestry.com. I exported everything to a GEDCOM. I can see where i can upload a GEDCOM in familysearch.org, but it only uploads the info. Is there anyway to upload the info so that it populates all the information I have into my family tree. This would avoid a lot of redundant work.

#96 lds2

lds2

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

My advice is to find out where the family history library is near you and ask the librarians? there to help you. There is software that you can buy that can be a help, but some of it is pricey and generally you still have to put in the people's information in initially. So unless this is going to happen a lot you may just want to "borrow" what they might have at your local family history library. But then it still mightl depend on how much the people there know about it and what software they have access to there. Things have been changing A LOT lately with the Church's software and some people are more computer savvy than others. I have been putting my family history onto familytree one person at a time and it isn't that hard. It is a name and dates and places for each person. You might find when you get back a few generations that some of the information may already be in there which always makes me happy, especially if there is a family with 8 or more kids which seems to have happened a lot back in the day. :rolleyes:

#97 AngelMarvel

AngelMarvel

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Since this old thread got bumped, I figured I would ask my question and someone may know. I do a ton of genealogy on ancestry.com and have GEDCOM it over to newfamilysearch.com. I had so much done that I stopped searching until I got caught up a bit in getting the work done. My husband and I like doing it ourselves.

Anyway... I started looking again, but now when I click to find out if there is a duplicate record at newfamilysearch it tells me Please use Family Tree to identify and remove possible duplicates.

My question is... should I just do ALL my adding names on Family Tree or do I continue to add names to newfamilysearch. Seem kinda odd to have two places to go.

Hope that made sense.

Angel

#98 RanMan

RanMan

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yes. They moved over to Family Tree so I suggest you switch over and enter your new data there. Hope that helps. :)

#99 AngelMarvel

AngelMarvel

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Yes...thank you. I was just looking at it and it's a little confusing right now...but, I do like that fan chart. Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq