Question about being disfellowshipped.

morajic

I'm going to have to say no.

Receiving a Patriarchal Blessing

To receive our patriarchal blessings, we must meet certain personal requirements. We must:

1. Be worthy, baptized members of the Church.

2. Have a desire to receive direction from the Lord.

3. Have studied the gospel and know the purpose of patriarchal blessings.

4. Be mature enough to appreciate the significance of and receive encouragement from the blessing.

5. Receive a recommend from our bishop or branch president.

6. Make an appointment with the stake patriarch to receive our patriarchal blessing.

LDS.org - Melchizedek Priesthood Chapter Detail - Patriarchs and Patriarchal Blessings

I'm going to say I meet all those requirements. I guess I'll see what my bishop says.

If you are disfellowshipped, I would say that you don't meet #1 quite at this time.

I'm going to say I meet all those requirements. I guess I'll see what my bishop says.

How do you meet this one?

1. Be worthy, baptized members of the Church.

But you are correct - talk with your Bishop, just don't be surprised when he tells you that you must wait.

I talked with my bishop and he agrees with the consensus. My only reasoning for saying that I meet the criteria is that I would have been refellowshipped years ago but the fact that I was involved in the court system prevented my status from being changed. Thanks for all of your input.

Also...if you see someone who is struggling to make friends, how do you typically respond? Does it make you uncomfortable? What are the conditions that make you move away from a person?

Did you mean for this to be on this thread or on your making friends thread?