• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Feild_Of_Paper_Flowers

Feild_Of_Paper_Flowers

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hiya, my name is Hannah, I'm 24, (I'll be 25 a week on Thursday,) and my username comes from a song by my favourite band. I'm in a long-term relationship with a man I hope to marry, but who is agnostic at best. I'm joining this site to help me learn more about Mormonism, I'm fairly new to it, I haven't even been baptised yet and I am very excited. Two weeks ago today I was stopped by two very polite young gentlemen who happened to be missionaries, they gave me The Book Of Mormon to read, and it's sort of snowballed from there. The date of my baptism in the 29th September. I went to a Mormon church for the first time on Sunday and felt very welcome, if a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.

#2 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 52456 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Welcome. If you have any questions, please let us know.

#3 NeuroTypical

NeuroTypical

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 7480 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi and welcome!
If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack, to sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all.

Ohhh....
If I were a rich man...

#4 Misshalfway

Misshalfway

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • 5847 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hello! Welcome! Sounds like you are in the middle of very exciting things. It can be overwhelming to join the church. I've been a member my whole life. I don't spose I'll ever really be able to know what its like. Sounds like you are excited. Makes me smile. Oh...and happy birthday! You are a quarter of a century old! What a benchmark. Hope you enjoy the forums.

#5 Roseslipper

Roseslipper

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hello, congradulations on your upcoming baptism. Also wishing you a happy birthday! P.S. maybe you can get your man to go to church with you, you never know.

#6 EarlJibbs

EarlJibbs

Your Beardship

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Happy birthday Hannah! And welcome!

#7 Feild_Of_Paper_Flowers

Feild_Of_Paper_Flowers

• Inactive 3+ Months
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hey guys, thank you so much for all your good wishes! I couldn't get my man into a Mormon church for anything, not even to get married. He has his beliefs, as I have mine, and he is supporting me in his own way, he just doesn't want to convert himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq