#1 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51836 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Kenya mall attack: About 30 hostages still inside, sources say - CNN.com

This is hitting close to home for some. One member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has family that live in that area and frequent this mall. He's been unable to reach any of them.

#2 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6418 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

How awful.

"Therefore, let us beware of false prophets and false teachers, both men and women, who are self-appointed declarers of the doctrines of the Church and who seek to spread their false gospel and attract followers by sponsoring symposia, books, and journals whose contents challenge fundamental doctrines of the Church. Beware of those who speak and publish in opposition to God’s true prophets and who actively proselyte others with reckless disregard for the eternal well-being of those whom they seduce. Like Nehor and Korihor in the Book of Mormon, they rely on sophistry to deceive and entice others to their views. They “set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion” (2 Ne. 26:29). (Beware of False Prophets and Teachers, supra.)

Elder M Russell Ballard

#3 Still_Small_Voice

Still_Small_Voice

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

From what I read, this attack was al Qaeda linked. Al Qaeda terrorist groups are apparently re-surging in their strength and efforts.

Edit: The attack on the upscale Westgate Mall in Kenya's capital has killed 68 people and wounded at least 175.

Read more: Victims of the Kenya mall attack | Fox News

For if ye love only them which love you what reward have you?" -- Matthew 5:46 Inspired Version (changed to verse 48)

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." -- John 13:35

Linux Mint version 13, Free Open Source Operating System
An operating system that is more secure against viruses and malicious software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq