At what age did you get married?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother married at 28 and she was so very worth waiting for. Our cousin and his wife were 38 by the time they found each other and got married. They are so great together, and had 3 beautiful little girls.

Then I guess I shouldn't worry about when, but who I marry, and trust things will happen in the Lord's time.

Easier said than done, I know. :) In the meantime, figure out what you love to do and do a lot of it. Grow in every way you can. Travel. Enjoy life. Date a lot and have fun. Life isn't only about finding love.

Speaking of cradle-robbing, my 25-year-old self married 20-year-old Sister Vort. I have always maintained it's easier to marry 'em young and raise 'em yourself. That way, you know it's done right.

Those are the ages DH and I were, but I can't say who raised whom.

Speaking of cradle-robbing, my 25-year-old self married 20-year-old Sister Vort. I have always maintained it's easier to marry 'em young and raise 'em yourself. That way, you know it's done right.

I was 26, Mr. Anatess was 21. You are so right about that...

:D

Either that or she is teaching an old dog new tricks. :P

I was an old lady when I married my much younger man. It's tough being single in this church past a certain age. I found that I was happiest when I wasn't stressing about being single and alone and instead focusing on serving others and improving myself.

I didn't think I'd get married in this life....I had hope, but the reality was I wasn't likely to get married. I continued to try to be attractive (not just looks but in character and personality) not just to find a man, but because I knew that the Lord wanted me to be the best I can be. I was surprised when I started dating my now husband; not only that I had finally found someone to date, but that I was attracted to such a younger man.

So, I can say with experience...don't stress about being single. Work on yourself and serve others. And keep an open mind to dating people--don't rule out people automatically. You might be surprised at the gems you'll find even if you thought they weren't "your type."

Thanks for the advice! What I'm also trying to do is save money. I want to be able to support a family.

Good idea to save money @ what ever stage of life that any of us are in. I know it's hard not to be married at a certain age, believe me I know I'm old and have never been married and it stinks, but I have to put my trust and faith in God. Like a previous poster said, enjoy life, do things u like, travel, what ever u like get involved in, stay active in the church. And in time it will happen.:D

Good idea to save money @ what ever stage of life that any of us are in. I know it's hard not to be married at a certain age, believe me I know I'm old and have never been married and it stinks, but I have to put my trust and faith in God. Like a previous poster said, enjoy life, do things u like, travel, what ever u like get involved in, stay active in the church. And in time it will happen.:D

Well I do hope to be sealed one day, and want to make sure I'm not getting married just because I want a sealing.