53 replies to this topic

#1 ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm 28 and still single, and depressed because I haven't found anyone yet.

#2 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6217 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

My brother married at 28 and she was so very worth waiting for. Our cousin and his wife were 38 by the time they found each other and got married. They are so great together, and had 3 beautiful little girls.
Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#3 ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Then I guess I shouldn't worry about when, but who I marry, and trust things will happen in the Lord's time.

#4 Backroads

Backroads

Girl outside with book.

• Members
  • 5890 posts
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

27. Still did not feel too old.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

#5 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6217 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Then I guess I shouldn't worry about when, but who I marry, and trust things will happen in the Lord's time.

Easier said than done, I know. :) In the meantime, figure out what you love to do and do a lot of it. Grow in every way you can. Travel. Enjoy life. Date a lot and have fun. Life isn't only about finding love.
Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#6 ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Easier said than done, I know. :) In the meantime, figure out what you love to do and do a lot of it. Grow in every way you can. Travel. Enjoy life. Date a lot and have fun. Life isn't only about finding love.

Thanks for the advice! What I'm also trying to do is save money. I want to be able to support a family.

#7 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12084 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, WA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I wanted to wait 'til I grew up, but at 31 realized that wasn't going to happen...so took the plunge. :-)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

#8 Daybreak79

Daybreak79

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSouth Jordan, UT

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

27 and my wife was 29...yes she robbed the cradle. :rolleyes:

#9 beefche

beefche

The resident cow

• Senior Moderators
  • 8336 posts
  • LocationHoosier State!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

27 and my wife was 29...yes she robbed the cradle. :rolleyes:

Or you robbed the grave....
I say that we need to teach our people to find their answers in the scriptures...But the unfortunate thing is that so many of us are not reading the scriptures. We do not know what is in them, and therefore we speculate about things that we ought to have found in the scriptures themselves. I think that therein is one of our biggest dangers of today."
--President Harold B. Lee, December, 1972

#10 Vort

Vort

• Members
  • 10101 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Speaking of cradle-robbing, my 25-year-old self married 20-year-old Sister Vort. I have always maintained it's easier to marry 'em young and raise 'em yourself. That way, you know it's done right.
As if anyone could knowingly commit sin without being changed both in spirit, body, and mind. Let me say this again, sin changes who we are! --james12
Nice hand, friend, but those are not the cards I dealt you.

Impenetrability! That's what I say!

#11 classylady

classylady

• Members
  • 1420 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

My daughter was 35 when she married. Her husband was 27. She basically had to travel half way around the world to find her man--South Korea. Edit: I was 26 years old, my husband 28.

Edited by classylady, 23 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#12 Eowyn

Eowyn

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 6217 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Speaking of cradle-robbing, my 25-year-old self married 20-year-old Sister Vort. I have always maintained it's easier to marry 'em young and raise 'em yourself. That way, you know it's done right.

Those are the ages DH and I were, but I can't say who raised whom.

#13 jerome1232

jerome1232

Little Penguin

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have always maintained it's easier to marry 'em young and raise 'em yourself. That way, you know it's done right.

One of those times you don't want to be quoted out of context :eek:
Break from PRISM. Don't get spied on. Use Free Software.

http://prism-break.org/

#14 Jennarator

Jennarator

• Members
  • 1848 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

24 FIrst time, 35 second time. But I have a friend that is 41 and just got married for the first time last week. And another friend that was 30 and felt like she was never going to get married, then was married just a few months later....it could happen fast.

#15 anatess

anatess

Resident Alien

• Members
  • 9734 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I was 26, Mr. Anatess was 21. You are so right about that...
:D

#16 DHK

DHK

5,000+ posts and hasn't been banned yet...

• Senior Moderators
  • 5408 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Married at 25, divorced at 34. So, here's some encouragement that it could be worse?

Formerly known as 'Skippy740'.

"But make no mistake about it, brothers and sisters; in the months and years ahead, events will require of each member that he or she decide whether or not he or she will follow the First Presidency. Members will find it more difficult to halt longer between two opinions (see 1 Kings 18:21).  President Marion G. Romney said, many years ago, that he had "never hesitated to follow the counsel of the Authorities of the Church even though it crossed my social, professional, or political life" (CR, April 1941, p. 123). This is a hard doctrine, but it is a particularly vital doctrine in a society which is becoming more wicked. In short, brothers and sisters, not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ includes not being ashamed of the prophets of Jesus Christ." - Neal A. Maxwell, October 10th, 1978.

http://speeches.byu....viewitem&id=909

#17 Dravin

Dravin

Gneiss Guy

• Members
  • 12976 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Married at 27.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

#18 beefche

beefche

The resident cow

• Senior Moderators
  • 8336 posts
  • LocationHoosier State!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Either that or she is teaching an old dog new tricks. :P

I was an old lady when I married my much younger man. It's tough being single in this church past a certain age. I found that I was happiest when I wasn't stressing about being single and alone and instead focusing on serving others and improving myself.

I didn't think I'd get married in this life....I had hope, but the reality was I wasn't likely to get married. I continued to try to be attractive (not just looks but in character and personality) not just to find a man, but because I knew that the Lord wanted me to be the best I can be. I was surprised when I started dating my now husband; not only that I had finally found someone to date, but that I was attracted to such a younger man.

So, I can say with experience...don't stress about being single. Work on yourself and serve others. And keep an open mind to dating people--don't rule out people automatically. You might be surprised at the gems you'll find even if you thought they weren't "your type."
I say that we need to teach our people to find their answers in the scriptures...But the unfortunate thing is that so many of us are not reading the scriptures. We do not know what is in them, and therefore we speculate about things that we ought to have found in the scriptures themselves. I think that therein is one of our biggest dangers of today."
--President Harold B. Lee, December, 1972

#19 prisonchaplain

prisonchaplain

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 12084 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, WA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

My wife was 7 years younger than me [edit: and still is]. Nevertheless, she's done a fine job of raising me. :-)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

#20 ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I need to try a better singles ward. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq