• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbrown1211

jbrown1211

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

Hi Everyone! I've been a musical person for quite some time and have playing the piano off and on since I was young. I joined the church just over a year ago when I was 18 and recently I have been learning to play some of the hymns on the piano. I already know two and am in the process of learning another one. The ones I know are 3 (Let us Rejoice), 136 (I Know that my Redeemer Lives), and I am learning 193 (I Stand All Amazed). It takes me a few weeks to learn each hymn (I am a terrible sight-reader) so I was wondering if anyone knows of hymns that might be easier to start out with so that I can eventually move my way up to the more difficult ones (193 has proven to be quite a challenge!) I do not have a musical calling in the church but I can really feel the spirit when I am playing the hymns :) Thanks, Jeff

#2 Palerider

Palerider

I don\'t own a horse-Senior Member

• Members
  • 18418 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

I do not play the piano but have heard that hymn number 19 is a good one to learn....Good Luck
As Long As I Am Here......It Doesn't Matter Where Here Is.....

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them....Ronald Reagan

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.......Will Rogers

#3 a-train

a-train

Banned

• Banned
  • 3152 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Choose The Right is an easy one. With no musical training at all, I plunked it out on my mission and can still play it from memory. There is also a book called Hymns Made Easy that contains a selection of 60 Hymns from the hymnal that have been arranged to facilitate a much easier reading. It is item #31249 available for $5.00 through LDS distribution.

GOD BLESS

Have Fun!

-a-train
"As Adam Smith wrote over two hundred years ago, in the economic market, people who intend to serve only their own private interests are lead by an invisible hand to serve public interests that it was no part of their intention to promote. In the political market.. people who intend only to serve the public interests are lead by an invisible hand to serve private interests that it was no part of their intention to promote." -Milton Friedman
www.campaignforliberty.com
www.mises.org

#4 jbrown1211

jbrown1211

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the replies, I've already started learning "Choose The Right" and it is indeed easier than the others. I'm also going to take a look at number 19 soon and hopefully get my hands on that book! Thanks again! - Jeff

#5 smilerlse

smilerlse

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

Sweet Hour Of Prayer :) Huzzah for the key of C!! :D\ and if you have a children's song book: We'll bring the world his truth is an awesome one!
mostly molly mormon girl*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq