New here

iamnoaccident

haha.. LoudmouthMormon... so funny that my first reply is from someone with a MLP pic. ;) I'm a brony.. hehe. I get stares because I have an 'alternative' appearance... dreadlocks, tattoos... liberal car stickers go over great in the parking lot too. ;)

I had long hair when I first went to church, though no one ever made any comment about it

Heh. Well, it's now confirmed - there are (at least) three bronies on the forum now. Welcome again. The natives here are like anywhere else, they'd rather we keep our ponies to ourselves lol. Maybe we should start our own thread and invite any naysayers to abstain from clicking on it.

Anyway, I've always been grateful for this scripture in 2 Nephi: "...he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." I often think of myself as three-quarters heathen.

Basically, if you're wishing to come unto Christ and be His disciple, God says that gossip and unrighteous judgment doesn't count. I'm sure you'll run into people who do more than stare, if you haven't already. But you're welcome to sit next to me and my family.

Heh. Well, it's now confirmed - there are (at least) three bronies on the forum now. Welcome again. The natives here are like anywhere else, they'd rather we keep our ponies to ourselves lol. Maybe we should start our own thread and invite any naysayers to abstain from clicking on it.

Yes please start your own thread. :P This message brought to you by the many of us that are not My Little Pony fans. :)

hi iamnoaccident.....of course your not an accident..u should come to my ward we have such a diversfied ward with many different cultures and backgrounds and you'd fit right in. Some people might look at you strange at first, don't take it personable. You might be in a ward that's not use to different life styles. So it's your job to teach them that your a child of God as well!! The gospel is true and you are needed and welcomed and as soon as they get to know you and love you they won't see the difference's any longer. Why is your family and friends so against which church you want to belong too? Are you 18 or older? We all have the freedom to choose for our self's.

Oh yeah what's a bronie?

Bronies can be male or female, it just means an older fan. :) My husband is an interfaith minister and is working on writing some sermons/articles about how MLP can be used as a teaching tool for scripture. We presented a panel on using its concepts to strengthen families at a convention recently.

Edited by iamnoaccident

Education for Vort- Here is 4 minutes of witty and entertaining basic education on the matter: Let's Go and Meet the Bronies - The professor is voiced by John DeLancie (he played Q on StarTrek), and gets an earful about why Vort is mistaken starting 2:55 into the video.

As for age, my 12 yr old daughter says she's a brony, my 9 yr old daughter preferrs the term pegasister.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

Yes I can see that it would be hard if your husband is a minister. But he is a interfaith minister. Have you talked to him about it? I'm sure he is opened minded, maybe when you have the missionaries over your husband would be willing to listen and interact with the missionary's and learn, you never know. My first Lds Bishop was a baptist preacher...then he joined the Lds Church.

And your friends just might come along in time as well. Have faith!!! Seek Ye the kingdom of God first and all things will follow. etc.

As far as those little pony's their cute..I didn't have any children so I'm not so up on these kind of things lol :)

Edited by Roseslipper