• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pooter1

pooter1

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

Any of you ladies having trouble with the new garment sizing? I have no idea what size I wear.You have to measure yourself and go by a chart.I don't even own a tape measure. I have worn the same size garments for years and they go and change everything to where I don't understand how to order underwear!!! lol

#2 lagarthaaz

lagarthaaz

• Inactive 1+ months.
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

You could just go and buy a tape measure... :D

#3 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5829 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

they changed the sizing? :(

they need a chart that says "if your wore this size previously you'll wear this size now."

#4 beefche

beefche

The resident cow

• Senior Moderators
  • 8361 posts
  • LocationHoosier State!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Call the distribution center and ask them. Tell them the size you wore according to the previous sizes and they should be able to give you the information you need.
I say that we need to teach our people to find their answers in the scriptures...But the unfortunate thing is that so many of us are not reading the scriptures. We do not know what is in them, and therefore we speculate about things that we ought to have found in the scriptures themselves. I think that therein is one of our biggest dangers of today."
--President Harold B. Lee, December, 1972

#5 applepansy

applepansy

• Members
  • 5829 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Call the distribution center and ask them. Tell them the size you wore according to the previous sizes and they should be able to give you the information you need.

Key words "should be" :D;)

#6 beefche

beefche

The resident cow

• Senior Moderators
  • 8361 posts
  • LocationHoosier State!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've always found the people working in the distribution center to be extremely helpful. I only said "should" because you might reach a new person who doesn't know as much as another. But, I would hope the new person would seek out someone with more experience to help.
I say that we need to teach our people to find their answers in the scriptures...But the unfortunate thing is that so many of us are not reading the scriptures. We do not know what is in them, and therefore we speculate about things that we ought to have found in the scriptures themselves. I think that therein is one of our biggest dangers of today."
--President Harold B. Lee, December, 1972

#7 classylady

classylady

• Senior Moderators
  • 1567 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Is the sizing different for all fabric types? That's news to me, and I just bought new garments in December. I know that for Carinessa II fabric, the sizing is different than the other fabrics, and with that fabric you should measure and go by the chart.

#8 Roseslipper

Roseslipper

• Members
  • 1443 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

when did they change the sizing?

#9 pooter1

pooter1

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

The sizing was changed just recently. I called them 3 times for help. I kept apologizing to them.They were extremely nice.I have never in my life used a tape measure.I just want to see what pants size i wear and order.They said they can't tell with what size I wore before that it was all different. I wear a 2x in pants but with the new chart I wear a 4x so I couldn't get through my head that I was doing something wrong and was worried about buying without being for sure. Does nothing for my self esteem for my garment size of 4x.lol

#10 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51713 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

I have never in my life used a tape measure.l

What I want to know is how you've gone your entire life without ever having to use a tape measure. :)

#11 Wingnut

Wingnut

A little nutty, with wings

• Members
  • 10314 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

I wear a 2x in pants but with the new chart I wear a 4x so I couldn't get through my head that I was doing something wrong and was worried about buying without being for sure. Does nothing for my self esteem for my garment size of 4x.lol

I agree...the sizing isn't very helpful to one's self-image. And it's all over the place. There's times like this (your issue), and when I bought a Carinessa top, they told me I should be a small based on my bust size (under). Well, I knew that wasn't right (I wear an XL top in normal clothing), so I bought a medium. Still waaaaay too tight.
Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed. -- C.S. Lewis

If we're going to be stupid about this, we're going to be stupid on my terms. -- my husband

#12 pooter1

pooter1

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Pam I have never needed one...till now.

#13 Sunday21

Sunday21

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

I have to order new garments. Lost 55 lbs so my garments are falling off me. My temple dress is a tent but it is a pretty tent like dress anyway so it doesn't really matter. No one seems to care if the top of the slip shows a bit. Am off to be scoped for stomach cancer this am. What a miserable night prepping for this procedure! Wish me luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq