Son of God question

NightSG

I saw this last night, and it just seemed to me like they could have used most of the time a lot better; the first couple hours felt more like they were trying to avoid showing too much of what He taught, instead just showing that He taught and how much it annoyed the Pharisees. I can see that being partly to avoid conflict between all the different denominations of Christians that will see the movie, but IMO, I'd rather see a firm stance, even if it's one I don't necessarily fully agree with in all the particulars.

Ultimately, it felt like all the talent and brilliance happened between Gethsemane and the final moments on the cross. (Yes, I realize that's a pretty critical part of the whole story, but teaching and being the perfect example was also His gift to us.) The post resurrection felt more like "all right, the important part's done, and we've blown the CG budget except for just enough to overdo the nail holes, so let's hurry up and get this over with," too.

They did an impressive job of showing the physical torture between arrest and crucifixion, (not sure how one could portray the spiritual torment of taking on all the sins of the world) and the casting was interesting, but it really felt like everything before the Last Supper was just filling time so it could be an over two hour movie.

Anybody else feel that way, or is it just me?

Also, the preview for Noah looked like that could have some real potential.