Favourite Princess Bride line?

SpiritDragon

best line?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite line from The Princess Bride

• Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
    • Any body want a peanut?
    • Murdered by pirates is good.
    • It’s not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don’t even exercise.
    • As you wish.
    • Please consider me as an alternative to suicide
    • I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. But for now, rest well and dream of large women.
    • You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    • You fell victim to one of the classic blunders—the most famous of which is, “Never get involved in a land war in Asia”—but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha...
    • Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam… And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva… So tweasure your wuv.
    • Other... Please quote for us below
    • All of the above

Ohhh... there's so many!

Here's some I don't see in your list:

1.)  I hate for people to die embarassed. 

2.)  Life is pain, your highness.  Anyone who says differently is selling something.

And my favorite:

2.)  She's the queen of refuse.  So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

Is this a kissing book?  :huh:

Why won't my arms move?

--You've been mostly dead all day.

Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya: What's that?

Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

All of the above, and the above, and...

I'm not a witch! I'm your wife!

To the pain.

Inconceivable!

Rodents of unusual size.

MOSTLY dead.

The priest at my wedding I bribed to start the service (without telling anyone else ahead of time), just a moment before walking down the aisle on sudden impulse. I didn't know if he'd actually do, it, though. He did!

"Wuv. Twue wuv....." Before his real beginning.

There was this thunderclap of laughter, followed by hundreds of hands slapped over mouths.

It. Was. Beautiful. :D

Everyone knew instantly it was me who'd done it.

Oy.

It took me until this very moment, though, to realize I really DID marry Humperdink!

Whoops.

Now I have TWO promptings from the Spirit that day that I totally ignored that day.

Le sigh.

Never been a smart one, over here.

Q

You've been mostly dead all day.

We'll never survive.

-Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive.

Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

That's right. When I was your age, television was called books.

Excuse me... Pardon me, Please it's important... Fezzik, please?

-EVERYBODY MOVE!

Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

-Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

2.)  Life is pain, your highness.  Anyone who says differently is selling something.

I'm probably thinking about this too much but I really can't say I like that quote. At all.

Life is pain AND happiness. There is light and dark. Hot and cold. Matter and antimatter even.

For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things.

Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other.

Sorry for that little rant there.

(In addition to many of the above...)

"NOT TO FIFTY!!!!"

"I'm on the brute squad."

"You are the brute squad."

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

"There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world.  It would be a pity to damage yours."  (This one always strikes me as odd, because it doesn't really fit in at all with the rest of the movie, or with the idea of a family film, or with a story that a grandfather is reading to a young child.)

"What about the ROUSes?"
"Rodents of Unusual Size?  I don't believe they exist."
***THUD***

"You mocked me once -- never do it again!  I died that day!  And you can die too, for all I care!"

"I could give you my word as a Spaniard."
"No good.  I've known too many Spaniards."

"Good night, Westley.  Good work.  Sleep well.  I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

I'm probably thinking about this too much but I really can't say I like that quote. At all.

Life is pain AND happiness. There is light and dark. Hot and cold. Matter and antimatter even.

Sorry for that little rant there.

Ohh... methinks somebody has not seen the movie!  To the pain!  I'm gonna have to go find my sword and chase you with it... :lol:

If you really want to be serious about it - The man in black was trying to tell the Princess life is not just happiness.  It is pain too.

Ohh... methinks somebody has not seen the movie!  To the pain!  I'm gonna have to go find my sword and chase you with it... :lol:

If you really want to be serious about it - The man in black was trying to tell the Princess life is not just happiness.  It is pain too.

Oh actually I have. It's a great movie. I've just seen it too many times. While I used to work at Walmart, they used to have this movie playing in the break room ALL the time for some reason. This led to me getting very tired of it. After that, it was Home Alone 2.

Anyway, here's a funny pic some of you may remember.

mormon10.jpg

Oh actually I have. It's a great movie. I've just seen it too many times.

It doesn't matter... TO THE PAIN!  :lol:    Where is that sword?

Man... this is making me want to watch the movie again...

All of the above, and the above, and...

I'm not a witch! I'm your wife!

To the pain.

Inconceivable!

Rodents of unusual size.

MOSTLY dead.

The priest at my wedding I bribed to start the service (without telling anyone else ahead of time), just a moment before walking down the aisle on sudden impulse. I didn't know if he'd actually do, it, though. He did!

"Wuv. Twue wuv....." Before his real beginning.

There was this thunderclap of laughter, followed by hundreds of hands slapped over mouths.

It. Was. Beautiful. :D

Everyone knew instantly it was me who'd done it.

Oy.

It took me until this very moment, though, to realize I really DID marry Humperdink!

Whoops.

Now I have TWO promptings from the Spirit that day that I totally ignored that day.

Le sigh.

Never been a smart one, over here.

Q

So seconding Quin's

I'm not a witch I'm your wife

What is the deal with this movie and Mormons?

Nothing.

Princess Bride has a cult following that is not mainly Mormons.  Just like Rocky Horror Picture Show and Goonies and Wrath of Kahn.

Now, as far as Mormon cult following... that would be Napoleon Dynamite...

Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, jog his memory. 

Fezzik: Sorry Inigo, I did not mean to jog him so hard.

Count Rugen: I've just sucked one year of your life away. I might one day go as high as five, but I really don't know what that would do to you. So, let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
The Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Prince Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped.

Fezzik: Inigo, I saw the Prince's stables, and there they were, four white horses. And I thought, there are four of us, if we ever find the lady. [buttercup appears at the window] Hello, lady! So I took them with me, in case we ever bumped into each other. I guess we just did.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, you did something right.
Fezzik: Don't worry. I won't let it go to my head.
   (NOTE: I say "Hello Lady" as a greeting to women way too often)

Man in Black: I asked him what was so important for him. "True love," he replied. And then he spoke of a girl of surpassing beauty and faithfulness. I can only assume he meant you. 

Inigo Montoya: He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

Westley: Who are you? Are we enemies? Why am I on this wall? Where is Buttercup?

Westley: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.