Textlines are overlapping in menu changing emailaddress

I was surprised about all the changes yesterday as I haven't visited this site here for a while. To be true I'm missing the former outfit. This seems to be a complete new forums software. But not without any problems:

Trying to change my current email address, the fields current email address, new email address and confirm new email address are overlapped by the discribing text that should stand above those fields. So my emailaddress can't be changed or updated because the fields can't be filled out. Something wrong with the software?

What's your browser, operating system, and screen resolution?

Thanks for your quick reply. My operating system is a Linux oriented one, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and the browser is Firefox, latest updated for this Ubuntu version. The resolution I've chosen right now  is 1280 : 800  (16 : 10). I can alterate it, but for the new outfit / appearance of lds.forums it's the best to get everything on the screen without manual extentions on the right or above.

PS   Have just tried it again, but it's still overlapping. So, if it's not the software or my adjustments it might be the devil who dislikes me updating my email address for any reason or just to make it impossible that an important lds.forums message would reach me... and what can we do then...? I mean, what can I do, then...?

JimmiGerman, I was having the same problem when I needed to recover my password (running win8, it occurs in all browsers I have installed). If you keep clicking on the edge of the text box you can find a 'sweet spot' that will allow you to enter the text. The overlapping text can make it difficult to confirm if what you are typing is correct, but once you find the indicated spot the typing fields function as if there is no text overlap. Hope this helps!

JimmiGerman, I was having the same problem when I needed to recover my password (running win8, it occurs in all browsers I have installed). If you keep clicking on the edge of the text box you can find a 'sweet spot' that will allow you to enter the text. The overlapping text can make it difficult to confirm if what you are typing is correct, but once you find the indicated spot the typing fields function as if there is no text overlap. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice, xVOWx,  but in my case it still works only with the text boxes without an overlapping text. The other boxes, where the text is overlapping, don't show that "sweet spot".

I'm having the same issue on Windows 8.1 with Firefox.  Tabbing through all the entries, as kgrigio said, worked for me as well.

Tabbing through all the entries and finally get a result means there is a back door...? But I couldn't find it yet - not even the backside of the house where a door like that might be...  :huh: 

Tabbing through all the entries and finally get a result means there is a back door...? But I couldn't find it yet - not even the backside of the house where a door like that might be...  :huh:

It took quite awhile.  I had to tab through ALL the entries, meaning every single line on the entire webpage, not just through the boxes.  I noticed that every line on the top and sides of the page were being highlighted as I tabbed through and I just kept going until the curser line showed up in the "New Email" box.

It took quite awhile.  I had to tab through ALL the entries, meaning every single line on the entire webpage, not just through the boxes.  I noticed that every line on the top and sides of the page were being highlighted as I tabbed through and I just kept going until the curser line showed up in the "New Email" box.

okay ... but I'm  not so succesful as you seemingly are. It still doesn't work. But I'm going on to search for a back door... I'm rather sure it's my Linux operating system.

okay ... but I'm  not so succesful as you seemingly are. It still doesn't work. But I'm going on to search for a back door... I'm rather sure it's my Linux operating system.

Well, I don't know why it would work for two of us but not for you.  And I have to say that I'm glad you changed your original reply as I am not a hacker, I don't know anything about computer hacking or "backdoor" entries and I simply tabbed through every single field on the page until the curser showed up in the correct box.  Maybe you just didn't have the patience that I and another poster did?  It did take several minutes to tab through everything.  Or perhaps your OS or browser don't allow that operation?  I, unfortunately, am not computer literate enough to be able to provide an answer as to why it works for some but not others.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS here, also using firefox, If I click somewhere near the top of the page I can tab through the entries with the the tab key on the keyboard.

The overlapping is pretty bad though.

Haven't tried Chrome yet.

Hi Pam, on my desktop (Win 7, IE8, 1366x768 resolution), the View New Content/Messages/Notifications links on the top right are overlapping too.  It took me a while to realize I have a private message and not a notification when the red number appeared up there.  I can usually find a "sweet spot" to click on things, but sometimes I can't get to it.

Just thought I'd let you know.