Time to Test My Knowledge

Awakened

I do a lot reading on a whole lot of gospel topics. I'm just now wondering how much I really know.

That's where you all come in! ITT try to trip me up by asking me any gospel related questions you want. If I had to guess as to the outcome of this, I bet you guys will get me. A lot of you look more experienced than I am in these matters.

Thanks in advance for humoring me.

True or False? According to Joseph Smith, animal sacrifice must be re-instigated before the end in order to fulfill all things?

Is a red heifer sacrifice important to the Jews and the temple in Jerusalem in the last days?

Are scriptural epochs enhanced metaphorically to be more prophetic and to teach eternal principles?

Yep.

Which one of these things doesn't belong... doo doo dum dum

One of these books is different than the others, which one and why?

Malachi

Micah

Jonah

Ezekiel

Amos

Habakkuk

Zephaniah

That's a scripture question but eh, I'll answer anyway. Most likely Habakkuk since he is not in the standard scriptures.

True or False? According to Joseph Smith, animal sacrifice must be re-instigated before the end in order to fulfill all things?

False. Animal sacrifice was done away with the Law of Moses when Jesus came.

Not really an LDS gospel question. Hmm. Are the questions supposed to be LDS only?

Yep.

Which Prophet instituted the law of tithing in the church, and when?!

Moses I'm sure... That's a history question though.

Is the gathering of the Jews in the last days a spiritual gathering, they convert, or a physical gathering? Is everyone invited to Adam's gathering? Which will be built first the temple in Jerusalem or the temple in Missouri?

Gathering of Israel is a physical gathering. As to Adam's gathering, no, I don't think so. Only the leaders of the church and past general authorities will be there. The New Jerusalem will be built first in America. Nobody knows where it will be exactly.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

An infinite amount.

I meant in the current church, so I should have said reinstated the law of tithing...knew I worded that wrong

So yeah who reinstated the law of tithing in the restored church?

(I know more history then gospel, my mind seems to absorb it easier, dunno why)

Brigham Young I think.

Then answer we were looking for was, "True".

Alright. Source(s)?

Wrong, twas Lorenzo Snow, and it was put forth in 1899. though back then it wasn't just money it could be paid with.

Here watch this, beautiful movie.

Sorry Lakumi. Tithing was given (reinstated) through revelation to Joseph Smith. See D&C 119:4.

Wrong, twas Lorenzo Snow, and it was put forth in 1899. though back then it wasn't just money it could be paid with.

Here watch this, beautiful movie.

Nope. We're both wrong. Tithing was reinstituted during the time of Joseph Smith. Lorenzo was just telling the people that they needed to recommit themselves to pay tithing again.

EDIT: Ninja'd by FolkProphet.

Huh. I guess that could be counted as a gospel question... But dang, that was pretty obscure.

Ask me another though anyway and I'll count that last one as a loss for me.

Okay...well...let's see...without looking it up, what is the name given in the Book of Abraham for "star"? (Bonus: for "sun" and/or "moon").

Okay...well...let's see...without looking it up, what is the name given in the Book of Abraham for "star"? (Bonus: for "sun" and/or "moon").

Oh c'mon now. That's terminology/scripture related. lol

Uh... The only two things that come to mind are Kolob and celestial.

Oh c'mon now. That's terminology/scripture related. lol

Uh... The only two things that come to mind are Kolob and celestial.

*shrug* Is terminology and scripture not part of the gospel? Not sure what you're looking for here. Want to throw some examples?

The answer would be Kokob/Kokuabeam for star/stars, Olea for moon. Uh...I'd have to look up sun...just a sec......Shinehah

Kolob would be the name of the greatest star or the one closest to where God dwells.