Selling your soul or selling your self what does it really mean

Cesar

Hi there my name is Cesar and I been a member of the church for my entire life I am 20 years old. I type you this question. So what does it mean to sell your soul and is it possible because a month ago I was telling my mom that and she said it is possible because when you read that part where it says when Satan came tempting Jesus offered him the kingdoms and money etc. and what you hear today selling your soul on contract blood etc I hear people say its not possible its a myth I think that too I think it just a metaphor cutting your self offering blood all that I think its all a myth I think what it means is when you reject Christ and God and you rather do worldly stuff and not follow Christ I don't know if its possible me and my mom had a back and forth about this I think you can't because what you understand that Satan thought if he did this he could make Jesus fall like Adam and Eve did but failed and he was defeated at the cross. 

Also when you fall in sin and don't want to come back to God I think that what it means too. so hope this post makes sense. I needed to know this because I was at yahoo and I didn't get the answers I was hoping for.

I agree with you. You cannot literally sell your soul to the devil, and cutting yourself for a blood offering to do so is just a myth. HOWEVER, I think it originated as a figure of speech, which means that they have dedicated themselves to wickedness and are not likely to repent and turn to righteousness.

Hi there my name is Cesar and I been a member of the church for my entire life I am 20 years old. I type you this question. So what does it mean to sell your soul and is it possible because a month ago I was telling my mom that and she said it is possible because when you read that part where it says when Satan came tempting Jesus offered him the kingdoms and money etc. and what you hear today selling your soul on contract blood etc I hear people say its not possible its a myth I think that too I think it just a metaphor cutting your self offering blood all that I think its all a myth I think what it means is when you reject Christ and God and you rather do worldly stuff and not follow Christ I don't know if its possible me and my mom had a back and forth about this I think you can't because what you understand that Satan thought if he did this he could make Jesus fall like Adam and Eve did but failed and he was defeated at the cross. 

Also when you fall in sin and don't want to come back to God I think that what it means too. so hope this post makes sense. I needed to know this because I was at yahoo and I didn't get the answers I was hoping for.

whenever you sacrifice something good to sate your lusts. its more of a term than an actual action........ Tho we do read that Cain did swear to the devil in the bible so i suppose there may be more to it than just being a phrase.

I dont think i'd want to find out on that one.