Reservations for tickets for the Ogden Utah Temple open house available now

pam

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ogden-temple-rededicated-september-2014

Reservations for tickets to the Ogden Utah Temple open house will be available beginning Monday, 21 July 2014, at 10:00 a.m. Tickets can be reserved online at templeopenhouse.lds.org. The public open house will begin on Friday, 1 August 2014, and run through Saturday, 6 September 2014, except for Sundays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Salt Lake in August and drove up to Ogden to see the the temple during the open house.  It was splendid in every way, and there was even an ice cream place diagonally opposite from the temple parking lot.  

However, I was a bit surprised by the number of apparently non-LDS visitors and their attire: women in low-cut tops with skirts way above the knee, and sweaty men with shorts and sandals and grimy T-shirts.  They were all welcomed with open arms, which was a relief to me because I had packed only blue jeans for my trip and felt inappropriately dressed.

Anyway, the new temple was a far cry from what critics have derisively called "McTemples" of several decades ago.