Living the Gospel

Crypto

The gospel is our Heavenly Father's plan to achieve the most happiness possible, eternally.  In its fulness, the gospel includes all the doctrines, principles, laws, ordinances, and covenants necessary for us to be exalted in the celestial kingdom. The Savior has promised that if we endure to the end, faithfully living the gospel, He will hold us guiltless before the Father at the Final Judgment.  The gospel was restored to its fullness by Joseph Smith in our day.  All people around the world have access to it for the most part (there are pockets that may not) and all will have an opportunity to accept or reject it in the spirit world if not here. The Prophet Joseph Smith said, “The first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost”

I wonder if Crypto had this in mind when he/she asked the question.

M.

I wonder if Crypto had this in mind when he/she asked the question.

M.

Probably but how could I know what another has in their mind, especially in this setting without being face-to-face?  Probably because he/she underlined the word repentence as one of the things related to living the gospel. So, I am assuming that means including living the first principles and ordinances of the gospel.  The gospel without ordinances is not really the gospel.  It is not just a philosophy, it is an ordered and approved way of life, approved through the power and authority of God and not by any other way.