Preparedness workshop

pam

While we certainly can't do this all over, would those of you that live along the Wasatch front be interested in a preparedness workshop?  We could treat this kind of like an lds.net get together.  

There are a couple of us that have felt the promptings extremely strongly the last couple of weeks regarding becoming prepared.

This way we could get together to discuss how to get started, what to store in our area. Basically things that would be relevant to our location.

If can tell a story here about being prepared I would like to...about 23 years ago when I was called to serve as the Bishop of our Ward our Stake President was always stressing the importance of being prepared. I think most of us remember back when Hurricane Hugo hit the coast. He told us the Stake presidents along the coast were encouraged by their Area Authorities to get their Ham Radios up and going and that each stake needed to have a Emergency Response plan. If I remember this correctly he told us that there was only one Stake that had all this done and in place. They sustained the least damage in comparison to the other areas that were not prepared.

I suggest if you feel strongly about it......heed the promptings.