It's football time again!!

pam

• 2 years later...
On 9/7/2014 at 6:11 PM, pam said:

Just like I always cheer for anyone playing the Denver Broncos.  So I'll be rooting for the  Colts tonight.

No Pam NOOO...... say it ain't so!

Edited by Lindy

5 hours ago, pam said:

Wow @Lindy.  Long time no see.  How ya doing?

Doing great Pam. Had some frustrating years dealing with life, losing both my parents within 9 months of each other, dealing with my stubborn adult children, but it's all good now. Two of my 4 children have matured into responsible adults...... the other two have matured into adults. :-) 

I tried to get back into the online grove here and there- but failed. 

I work with hubby everyday in our little business, and have been teaching in Primary and youth Sunday School for so many years- I need some additional adult connection with the Church. :-) 

How are things with you?

1 hour ago, seashmore said:

I don't watch/follow sports of my own accord, but all my people (family and coworkers) are Packers fans.

I have a friend who bleeds Packer blood. My house roots for the Broncos, and any team who plays against the Patriots and Seahawks. :-) 

Just now, anatess2 said:

@pam, weren't you a San Diego Chargers fan?  I was confused when I saw LA Chargers.  I'm like... what-the-whaaa?  And then they played the LA Rams.  And my head spun.

To be honest, I would be a happy girl if NFL gets SJW'd out of existence.  :D

I am still a San Diego Chargers Fan.  The fact that the owner, who is a complete jerk to put it nicely, decided to move the team to Los Angeles is irrelevant.  They shall always be San Diego to me and I will never call use that other city's name with the name Chargers in the same sentence.  

7 minutes ago, pam said:

I am still a San Diego Chargers Fan.  The fact that the owner, who is a complete jerk to put it nicely, decided to move the team to Los Angeles is irrelevant.  They shall always be San Diego to me and I will never call use that other city's name with the name Chargers in the same sentence.  

It would be hilarious if he ends up having to pay the Rams megabucks to play in their stadium.

29 minutes ago, pam said:

They will actually be sharing a stadium.

Exactly.  From what I understand, the Rams owner (who is also a real estate developer) is building that entire Inglewood football park without taxpayer funds.  It's gonna be an investment property which will mean the Chargers owner will have to pay a lot of money to play there.  I just find this funny that he's been whining and moaning for the people of San Diego to put up the money to improve Qualcomm and he ends up paying up his nose to play in Inglewood.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

Exactly.  From what I understand, the Rams owner (who is also a real estate developer) is building that entire Inglewood football park without taxpayer funds.  It's gonna be an investment property which will mean the Chargers owner will have to pay a lot of money to play there.  I just find this funny that he's been whining and moaning for the people of San Diego to put up the money to improve Qualcomm and he ends up paying up his nose to play in Inglewood.

The other thing is, Spanos had to pay a $650M relocation fee.  Now the NFL would have given him $300M towards a new stadium if he had stayed in San Diego.  That's $950M.  There's almost a new stadium right there.  Plus the city of Chula Vista (suburb of San Diego) offered to build a stadium in their city.  They had enough money in their coffers to do so.  They would even allow the name San Diego to remain.  But noooooo to all of this.  

Add another irony to this.  Kroenke and Spanos despise each other.  

1 minute ago, pam said:

The other thing is, Spanos had to pay a $650M relocation fee.  Now the NFL would have given him $300M towards a new stadium if he had stayed in San Diego.  That's $950M.  There's almost a new stadium right there.  Plus the city of Chula Vista (suburb of San Diego) offered to build a stadium in their city.  They had enough money in their coffers to do so.  They would even allow the name San Diego to remain.  But noooooo to all of this.  

Add another irony to this.  Kroenke and Spanos despise each other.  

I thought it was McNasty of Kroenke to squeeze St. Louis' coffers knowing the city couldn't fulfill his "dream big" plans.  Spanos sounds like he's cut from the same Kroenke cloth.  I wouldn't mind them beating each other up on stadium drama.  LA wouldn't mind that kind of entertainment, I bet!  I wouldn't be surprised if Spanos ends up running to... I don't know, London, maybe.

Just now, anatess2 said:

I thought it was McNasty of Kroenke to squeeze St. Louis' coffers knowing the city couldn't fulfill his "dream big" plans.  Spanos sounds like he's cut from the same Kroenke cloth.  I wouldn't mind them beating each other up on stadium drama.  LA wouldn't mind that kind of entertainment, I bet!  I wouldn't be surprised if Spanos ends up running to... I don't know, London, maybe.

I've read quite a few articles during the pre-season games with information from inside sources that Spanos is kind of freaking out right now.  The stadium they are currently renting only holds 32K and they haven't been able to sell more than 21K tickets for pre-season games.  1/4 of those tickets sold are from the opposing team.  Whereas in San Diego they used to sell 40-45K tickets a game for pre-season.