I'm having withdrawals....

beefche

I'm losing my job in March.  Thus, Dravin and I are having to adjust our budget to prepare.  First thing to go was our satellite TV--and I am suffering!  Dravin is doing fine without it.....I, on the other hand, am having the shakes from its loss.  

We are looking at getting a streaming device, probably a Roku 3.  But, I still miss having the channels that I watched and the DVR.  Oh, how I miss the DVR.

Arggg, the problems of a Western culture....

Amazon Prime can be a good way to save money... I buy everything except food, gasoline, and cat litter on Amazon and often save a lot with free shipping.  And you get free access to a lot of shows by streaming... am watching some BBC shows now and having a ball.

Sorry about your job loss.  Every situation is unique, but I've lost several jobs in my career and within a few months I was always better off than if I had kept the old job.  The winds of change often blow more good than evil.

Don't give up yet!  We've also had to downsize a little. I talked to my provider today and got a reduction on the cost of my service for a year.  I look at it like this - I don't smoke, I don't drink, Diet Pepsi is still pretty cheap, I need some entertainment and news and I have to have basic cable anyway, to get any reception. I'll eat ramen every night before I give up my cable.