How to catch my friend up when he returns?

Bobby8108

So a few of my friends are going on a mission to South America, and I am trying to think of a good way to keep a record of the two years for when they gets back, but I can't think of how. Originally, I wanted to just send them snapchats so when they get back they wouls just have like a 3000 sec long snapchat, but apparently after a month snaps get deleted. Any other ideas?

What a nice friend you are to think of them in this way.

Unless you really hate technology, video is the way to go, my friend.  Photographs are nice but they don't capture the excitement and energy of special events as well as video, and your friends will miss a lot if all they can do it flip through 3000 still photographs with no captions or explanations.

Every week or so, or every time there is a special event, use your smartphone to record a short video.  The first shot can be of a calendar showing the date, and the next shot is someone explaining the event.  The videos don't have to be long, 15-90 seconds would be fine.  Get people to act spontaneously and to greet your missionary friends by name in the video.

You can really have a lot of fun with this... show the missionaries' families opening letters from the missionaries, or record their moms after their Mother's Day phone calls.  So many things you can do.

You'll need to transfer the video files to some long-term storage location like your computer or DVDs, but that's simple.  When your missionary friends return in 2 years, they'll have a truly wonderful movie that will catch them up better than any photo album could.  

And if you're really adventurous, you can get video-editing software and add all kinds of zany things like subtitles and thought balloons to the video, which can be riotously funny.

Have fun...

• 3 months later...