Vatican to hold meeting to discuss marriage

pam

Religious leaders and scholars representing 14 faith traditions from 23 countries will assemble at the Vatican later this month in a historic gathering hosted by the Catholic Church to discuss how men and women complement each other in marriage. The announcement came in a press release issued today by the Vatican.

President Eyring will represent us.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/vatican-host-global-meeting-faith-leaders-marriage

I read a fiction book called Wind of Fire where the Church hosts a world conference and the lead topic is Families.

It ushered in the Millennium and the end of life as we know it. :)  Based on writings from Bruce R McConkie.

I enjoyed the book; found it on Amazon.

Edited by pkstpaul

I read a fiction book called Wind of Fire where the Church hosts a world conference and the lead topic is Families.

It ushered in the Millennium and the end of life as we know it. :) Based on writings from Bruce R McConkie.

I enjoyed the book; found it on Amazon.

This sounds very interesting. Do you think it would be a good choice for an LDS ladies' book club?

This sounds very interesting. Do you think it would be a good choice for an LDS ladies' book club?

Absolutely. It is for younger readers (it isn't Gerald Lund or John Grisham), but I found the characters and setting interesting. It makes you think about what life is supposed to be after this life.  Spoiler alert, streets aren't paved with gold. No Zombies, no graphic violence. 

Absolutely. It is for younger readers (it isn't Gerald Lund or John Grisham), but I found the characters and setting interesting. It makes you think about what life is supposed to be after this life. Spoiler alert, streets aren't paved with gold. No Zombies, no graphic violence.

Great! I'll recommend it for the reading list. Thanks!

The frustrating thing about this is that the SSM crowd feels very threatened by this. The comments on news articles about it are full of complaints that all the religious world is getting together to pick on homosexuals. 

Is it possible to strengthen traditional marriage without the same gender marriage proponents getting their panties in a wad?

Is it possible to strengthen traditional marriage without the same gender marriage proponents getting their panties in a wad?

Nope.  Not at this time.

It's a pendulum.  It swings to extremes before it settles down in the middle.

Ha Ha! Reminds me of a sketch I heard, on the radio:

Husband: I've decided we need a suicide pact. I'm going to beat you to death with this hammer. Then I'm going to shoot myself.

Wife: Alright, darling. Why's that?

Husband: It's that gay couple that moved in down the road. They've undermined our marriage.

Wife: OK, love. Just let me go and smother the children, first.

I'm afraid my sense of humour is bone dry, and tends to the black.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Edited by 2ndRateMind

• 2 weeks later...

I have talked to a contact I have concerning this Vatican event.  I was told some interesting things about what the church is doing behind the seen for greater recognition.  I found out that for religious topics the LDS church has become the most technological savvy organization in the world.  That if one performs a Google search on almost any religious topic that links to LDS sponsored sites and data will be predominate links at the very top of the lists. 

In short - it does not matter where in the world someone is - if they use the internet to look up religious topics they will find LDS answers - more than all other religious responses combined.  Now it is true if someone searching specific LDS topics can find a lot of anti stuff but when I went to the internet for this Vatican event I found lots of LDS links - and only one non LDS link but even that link had LDS references.

I had thought that it would be our missionary army (now including young ladies) that would reach every Nation, kindred, tongue and people.  I am currently having a paradigm shift -- with the internet; the message, is indeed everywhere - in every nation, kindred, tongue and people.  Perhaps the time is closer than we are thinking.