Ferguson After Action: Do white conservatives need to talk less and listen more?

prisonchaplain

Part of me believes that yes, I don't understand the distrust of African-Americans towards law enforcement.  Young African-American men get extra scrutiny from police, and that's not fair.  Another part of me says it's not my fault, and I hate being put on the defense because of my race.  I'm ot a "white privilege denier."  I'm just a guy living my life.  It's easier for me, but the answer is not to make it less easy for me.  Rather, we should find the pathway to that place where everyone gets treated right--as unique individuals.

In any case, this author says I need to be quieter and listen more:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rebeccaflorencemiller/2014/11/ferguson/

No, whites do not need to talk less and listen more.

What needs to happen is that people pay attention.

If you look on the ground at Ferguson, and other areas where these "protests" are going on, you will see that there are organizations behind it.

Progressive organizations.

As an example, one of the organizing bodies of many of the protests around the nation is the Progressive Labor Party.

They are not the only group on the ground, but they are one of the major influences on the ground.

This is far less about race, and far more about agenda.

If you know who Saul Alinsky was, then you know what is happening, and you recognize the tactics.

This is part of a very real attack on America as a nation and a culture.

It has been underway for decades.

It becomes more intense as they come closer to their goal.

If you watch what has been said on the ground, beyond the childish chants, you would have heard many calls to federalize the police.

That is what Ferguson and NYC are in part about.

Though, there are many more agendas at work as well.

Think the police are out of control now?

Imagine a federalized police.

Herding the folks on the street is a simple matter.

To those who are herding them, the folks are nothing more than useful idiots.

The creation of useful idiots has been happening for generations now.

They [the useful idiots] may not yet be fully ripe and ready for picking.

But by the time my children are grown, they likely will be ready for picking.

This is one of the reasons it is so important to raise your children as Godly people, and as people of character.

America and the world will some day need such people, like they have never been needed before.