Waiting with anticipation!

mirkwood

I think I need to change the site rules to say something about no Halloween posting until 2 weeks before Halloween.   :P  Even that is being generous.

I don't like Halloween. Children from the neighbourhood come here loudly, dressed up like little devils, and ask for sweets. If you don't give any or you don't even open the door, they spray shaving-foam on your nameplate or smash some eggs on the steps of the front door. One day, maybe when I'm a bad old codger, I'll strike back spraying with a foam fire extinguisher.  :mad:

Edited by JimmiGerman

If you don't give any or you don't even open the door, they spray shaving-foam on your nameplate or smash some eggs on the steps of the front door.

Yea, that's not cool. 

A few years ago some teens threw eggs at me as they drove past while I was standing in my neighbors driveway.  It only took me a few seconds to go get into the patrol car and pull them over and have a chat.

Yea, that's not cool. 

A few years ago some teens threw eggs at me as they drove past while I was standing in my neighbors driveway.  It only took me a few seconds to go get into the patrol car and pull them over and have a chat.

Patrol car? You work for the Sheriff's bureau there ...?  120px-SheriffStetson.PNG

And they dared to throw with eggs at you ...? Did they overlook the patrol car ...? You were not wearing your Stetson ...?

Edited by JimmiGerman

I'm not which of the following would be the best description for one of the rituals associated with Halloween: licensed begging, or extortion.

And not to forget: throwing with eggs.

Actually it happens only to politicians or bad actors to be thrown with eggs, not to the sheriff or his deputy.

Edited by JimmiGerman

My son in law is a deputy in and he recently told me a story.....he was in a 7-11 out of uniform and a man was inside the store and started kicking this machine. Not sure what it's called but it's the where you inset quarter and these trays move back and forth and you win however much change drops down. Anyway this man was playing and kicking the machine. The clerk asked this man to stop it and he did not comply. As my son in law was leaving he turned to the man and said...you need to quit kicking that machine like you were asked....the man said to my son in law....who do you think you are ?? He pulled his shirt up to his belt and showed him his badge...the guy said oh ok. Then he walked out and left.

Yes Jimmi, I am a police officer.  My marked car was in the driveway across the street.  I was in plain clothes standing in my neighbors driveway.

A tv-report about youth violence, the loss of respect, and police work in Hamburg, police precinct 15,  the famous Davidswache. I grew up there when I was a young boy. Maybe you won't understand the language, but it might give you an impression. First I thought it's off-topic in this thread, but the scenario is like Halloween. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdTRznFScpc

Edited by JimmiGerman