I'm back too!

lagarthaaz

Seems like  a few people are starting these threads...so I'm hopping in the bandwagon.

I was never a prolific poster but I haven't been able to get back on the site since the changes in format occurred - it was one drama after another with technical difficulties and forgotten passwords and eventually I just gave up.  Then last night I had an epiphany and remembered my password and the connected email address - hooray!

Nice to see the various discussions here and the support that is offered to those who are struggling.

I often don't get time to post but do enjoy reading and sometimes trying to contribute something meaningful.

Thanks to all the people here who unfailingly offer common-sense advice to those who need it. Nice to see you are all still at it!

I have a talk to give in Sacrament tomorrow... I wrote it for last week but they cancelled those of us who were scheduled to speak as someone had forgotten that a member of the high council was going to address us. Now my talk from last week seems a bit redundant since Christmas is upon us and I really feel I should make it more relative to the season. It's almost 11pm and I just have to adapt 'Building the Lord's Kingdom in the Latter-days' to ... 'something related to Christmas...' - sitting here in a 'stupor of thought' procrastinating on the internet instead of adding action to my prayers.  :rolleyes:    Pray for me.. I'll need it!

See you in the forums  :) :)

Edited by lagarthaaz

Christmas is a time we celebrate the birth of the Savior into the world. It is also a time that we give gifts to one another and enjoy the company of our loved ones.

A baptism is a time we celebrate the birth of a new soul into the kingdom of God. It is also a chance to ponder the gifts that God has given us, first and foremost the gift of the Holy Ghost, from which all other spiritual gifts spring. We also enjoy the company of our fellow Saints, and most importantly we enjoy the company and guidance of the Holy Ghost.

The beauty of our mortal lives lies not in DVDs or fine houses. The beauty of our lives lies entirely in the relationships we build with one another. Everything, even food and shelter, serve only to enable us to build those things. If we lose sight of that fact, we will always be miserable no matter if we live in a palace with a hundred servants at our beck and call. If we remember that fact and always act toward it, we will be the happiest of people, whatever our financial or other condition. Christmas is a time we can remember these central truths of life, and the Church is the perfect place for us to practice them.

Good luck with your talk. I'm sure you will do fine.

Appreciate your thoughts on Christmas Vort - thank you. 

The talk went well - I related the theme of service in the church and our callings, to making service count all year round.  I was glad to have the extra week to prepare. Last week the high council spoke on the same topic I'd been given... then this week the first speaker did the same, and yet we all came up with different approaches so there were fresh ideas coming from each speaker. It all worked out well :)

Christmas is a time we celebrate the birth of the Savior into the world. It is also a time that we give gifts to one another and enjoy the company of our loved ones.

A baptism is a time we celebrate the birth of a new soul into the kingdom of God. It is also a chance to ponder the gifts that God has given us, first and foremost the gift of the Holy Ghost, from which all other spiritual gifts spring. We also enjoy the company of our fellow Saints, and most importantly we enjoy the company and guidance of the Holy Ghost.

The beauty of our mortal lives lies not in DVDs or fine houses. The beauty of our lives lies entirely in the relationships we build with one another. Everything, even food and shelter, serve only to enable us to build those things. If we lose sight of that fact, we will always be miserable no matter if we live in a palace with a hundred servants at our beck and call. If we remember that fact and always act toward it, we will be the happiest of people, whatever our financial or other condition. Christmas is a time we can remember these central truths of life, and the Church is the perfect place for us to practice them.

Good luck with your talk. I'm sure you will do fine.

Seems like  a few people are starting these threads...so I'm hopping in the bandwagon.

I was never a prolific poster but I haven't been able to get back on the site since the changes in format occurred - it was one drama after another with technical difficulties and forgotten passwords and eventually I just gave up.  Then last night I had an epiphany and remembered my password and the connected email address - hooray!

Nice to see the various discussions here and the support that is offered to those who are struggling.

I often don't get time to post but do enjoy reading and sometimes trying to contribute something meaningful.

Thanks to all the people here who unfailingly offer common-sense advice to those who need it. Nice to see you are all still at it!

I have a talk to give in Sacrament tomorrow... I wrote it for last week but they cancelled those of us who were scheduled to speak as someone had forgotten that a member of the high council was going to address us. Now my talk from last week seems a bit redundant since Christmas is upon us and I really feel I should make it more relative to the season. It's almost 11pm and I just have to adapt 'Building the Lord's Kingdom in the Latter-days' to ... 'something related to Christmas...' - sitting here in a 'stupor of thought' procrastinating on the internet instead of adding action to my prayers.  :rolleyes:    Pray for me.. I'll need it!

See you in the forums  :) :)

lol welcome and will do :)