Leonard Nimoy 1931-2015

Latter Days Guy

Such sad news, one of my favourite actors, and a hero to me for most of my life!  I remember watching Star Trek on a Monday night as a young child and being allowed to stay up past my bedtime to see it to the end! Lets hope his memory lives long and prospers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31662024?post_id=1131748297_10205007182955895

I'm pretty bummed about this news. I was a little worried when I saw a facebook news blip a few days ago that he had been admitted to hospital for severe chest pains that he might be nearing the end of his life. My cousin has had a pretty big crush on him for most of her life, today has been a hard day for her. Definitely starting a ST:OT binge on Netflix when I get home tonight. RIP Mr. Nimoy!

From the Brigham Young manual, chapter on the spirit world

"The brightness and glory of the next apartment is inexpressible. It is not encumbered so that when we advance in years we have to be stubbing along and be careful lest we fall down. We see our youth, even, frequently stubbing their toes and falling down. But yonder, how different! They move with ease and like lightning. If we want to visit Jerusalem, or this, that, or the other place—and I presume we will be permitted if we desire—there we are, looking at its streets. If we want to behold Jerusalem as it was in the days of the Savior; or if we want to see the Garden of Eden as it was when created, there we are, and we see it as it existed spiritually, for it was created first spiritually and then temporally, and spiritually it still remains. And when there we may behold the earth as at the dawn of creation, or we may visit any city we please that exists upon its surface. If we wish to understand how they are living here on these western islands, or in China, we are there"

Seems like the place to be for a man filled with curiosity like Mr. Nimoy

Edited by Laniston

I've been watching old Mission Impossible episodes these past few months.  Leonard Nimoy played Paris in several seasons.   It has been so fun to watch Mission Impossible.  My 20 year old son asked me "why don't they make shows like this anymore?"  He thinks they're great.  Nimoy had a lot of talent.

I came home from work and told the kids that we would be honoring Leonard Nimoy by having a Star Trek marathon.  They asked why and I had to explain that the character that played Spock passed away in real life...

My 9 year old then stated, "He's Dead Jim!"

I was so proud.