CelesteL

CelesteL1st

I am 62 years old this year.  I am married to a non-member.  I've been a member since 1997.  I have 2 sons from my first husband.  I am a card carrying member for the last 4 years or so.  I love when I can manage to go to the temple.  I also love when I am able to do the Sabbath day meetings.  I have a chronic condition which limits my energy and physical ability to tolerate long times sitting up.  My life is lived a lot online.  Thank God for the internet in my case.  I am trying to get an income going through website management.  Time and grace will tell me if it's the right direction.  My children are grown with nearly grown children of their own.  No great grands though.  My first husband and I do not communicate.  His wife every now and then does.  She is a good person.  None of my family are members and the one niece who is  member is not active.  I think I might have a 2nd cousin in Canada who is a member, but she could just be interested in family history stuff.  My husband is so angry and resentful of my membership.  He does not stop me or argue with me about it.  His way of trying to have a spiritual connection is to do catholic mass online and on the TV.  I was brought up Catholic as well, but turned away when I was a teen and searched all my life for what I considered the true church.  I found it. :D   I care very much about my husband.  His emotional health is fragile.  Our relationship is one of friendship and being room mates.  We live in a one bedroom efficiency, kind of like a motel/hotel suite.  It is a low income district.  We live on his non service related disability VA pension.  I am hoping I can begin to earn an income so I can afford health insurance at least.  I am not covered by his VA medical care.  I hope to gain information and inspiration here.  Thanks for building this

I am 62 years old this year.  I am married to a non-member.  I've been a member since 1997.  I have 2 sons from my first husband.  I am a card carrying member for the last 4 years or so.  I love when I can manage to go to the temple.  I also love when I am able to do the Sabbath day meetings.  I have a chronic condition which limits my energy and physical ability to tolerate long times sitting up.  My life is lived a lot online.  Thank God for the internet in my case.  I am trying to get an income going through website management.  Time and grace will tell me if it's the right direction.  My children are grown with nearly grown children of their own.  No great grands though.  My first husband and I do not communicate.  His wife every now and then does.  She is a good person.  None of my family are members and the one niece who is  member is not active.  I think I might have a 2nd cousin in Canada who is a member, but she could just be interested in family history stuff.  My husband is so angry and resentful of my membership.  He does not stop me or argue with me about it.  His way of trying to have a spiritual connection is to do catholic mass online and on the TV.  I was brought up Catholic as well, but turned away when I was a teen and searched all my life for what I considered the true church.  I found it. :D   I care very much about my husband.  His emotional health is fragile.  Our relationship is one of friendship and being room mates.  We live in a one bedroom efficiency, kind of like a motel/hotel suite.  It is a low income district.  We live on his non service related disability VA pension.  I am hoping I can begin to earn an income so I can afford health insurance at least.  I am not covered by his VA medical care.  I hope to gain information and inspiration here.  Thanks for building this

Welcome! sorry to hear your troubles. I'll be happy to share what i can altho in this case it probably won't be much with situations you face unfortunately. Will send prayers your way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to this forum. There are a lot of good people on this site. Sorry about your health issues. At least you're husband let s you go to church and the temple. Hopefully some day his feelings about the church Will improve. WITH Time Miracles do happen. Keys are faith and love all things are possible with the Lord.so happy.

I'm wondering what state?