A certain kind of cold (and other grumpy ramblings)

Jamie123

Has anyone ever noticed a certain kind of cold, which is actually not that cold (it could be over 50F) but it chills you right through and makes your bones ache? It's usually accompanied by chilling wind and a very light cold drizzle.

The colder temperatures that produce snow and frost I don't mind that much. The cold is certainly colder, but if you wrap up warm and blow your hands every now and then you can keep it out. But this...

This what it's like in London right now.

I took my daughter to Funpark last night (it's a travelling carnival-type-thing which comes to our area every few months). Some of the rides are good but others are pathetic. The Ghost Train is the most pathetic I've ever ridden on (and I've ridden on some pretty pathetic ghost trains) but they didn't have that this time.

And as I've already said the weather was horrible.

Not that my daughter minded of course (which is the main thing) - kids love fast rides however foul the weather -  but after 4 hours in the dank chill all I wanted to do was get into a hot tub - and by the time we got home I was too exhausted even for that.

Moan moan moan... Hey, it's Good Friday tomorrow!

Has anyone ever noticed a certain kind of cold, which is actually not that cold (it could be over 50F) but it chills you right through and makes your bones ache? It's usually accompanied by chilling wind and a very light cold drizzle.

The colder temperatures that produce snow and frost I don't mind that much. The cold is certainly colder, but if you wrap up warm and blow your hands every now and then you can keep it out. But this...

I took my daughter to Funpark last night (it's a travelling carnival-type-thing which comes to our area every few months). Some of the rides are good but others are pathetic. The Ghost Train is the most pathetic I've ever ridden on (and I've ridden on some pretty pathetic ghost trains) but they didn't have that this time.

Not that my daughter minded of course (which is the main thing) - kids love fast rides however foul the weather -  but after 4 hours in the dank chill all I wanted to do was get into a hot tub - and by the time we got home I was too exhausted even for that.

I serve in the Leeds Mission from 79-81 and I always thought it was cold ... Even when it was 50.

I serve in the Leeds Mission from 79-81 and I always thought it was cold ... Even when it was 50.

It's probably got something to do with the weather :)

It usually does have something to do with the weather in this country!

Really? I was a student at Bradford University 83-87 - right next door to Leeds. I don't remember the temperature ever getting much above 50. I do remember there was quite a lot of snow - by UK standards anyway. And my shoes had holes in them.

It usually does have something to do with the weather in this country!

Really? I was a student at Bradford University 83-87 - right next door to Leeds. I don't remember the temperature ever getting much above 50. I do remember there was quite a lot of snow - by UK standards anyway. And my shoes had holes in them.

The coldest I felt was while in Whitehaven and Scarborough. Bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr

yes; where its like a very thick mist or not quite micro-snow?