And It Has Come to Pass ...

David13

... that I have now officially joined and have officially been made an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

That being due to my baptism and confirmation yesterday.

I have been meeting with the missionaries, posting on the forums, praying, studying scripture, visiting stakehouses and the Los Angeles Temple or attending services daily.

That is, some activity every day.

I have met a lot of new people.  Of course a major topic is Utah.  Inevitably someone is going there, coming from there, etc.

I have had a chance to look back 52 years when my mother and I visited the Temple in Salt Lake City.  She was a Mormon Tabernacle Choir fan (big fan) so we had to stop.

In two weeks I will be there again.

I also was able to recall 40 years ago stopping in front of the impressive looking Los Angeles Temple and praying.

So it looks like there was just some inevitability to it all.

And it has now come to pass.

Now, if I can make it in happiness (a job?) to Utah this year to live, all will be right with the universe or at least part of it in Utah.

The stake president early on said, or, you can just 'hang out' here (if you don't make it to Utah).  Yes.

dc

Previous reference:

http://lds.net/forums/topic/56658-utah-and-lds/#entry815683

Congratulations, Dave!

Just keep one thing in mind as you move along and progress in the gospel.

The Church isn't just a nice religion with nice people and a nice choir.

It isn't just a nice social club with nice bylaws.

It IS in fact God's Church and Kingdom on the earth today, and HE does in fact preside over it; directing it through modern-day prophets and apostles.

The Church is TRUE, and that's all that ultimately matters.

... that I have now officially joined and have officially been made an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

That being due to my baptism and confirmation yesterday.

I have been meeting with the missionaries, posting on the forums, praying, studying scripture, visiting stakehouses and the Los Angeles Temple or attending services daily.

That is, some activity every day.

I have met a lot of new people.  Of course a major topic is Utah.  Inevitably someone is going there, coming from there, etc.

I have had a chance to look back 52 years when my mother and I visited the Temple in Salt Lake City.  She was a Mormon Tabernacle Choir fan (big fan) so we had to stop.

In two weeks I will be there again.

I also was able to recall 40 years ago stopping in front of the impressive looking Los Angeles Temple and praying.

So it looks like there was just some inevitability to it all.

And it has now come to pass.

Now, if I can make it in happiness (a job?) to Utah this year to live, all will be right with the universe or at least part of it in Utah.

The stake president early on said, or, you can just 'hang out' here (if you don't make it to Utah).  Yes.

dc

Previous reference:

http://lds.net/forums/topic/56658-utah-and-lds/#entry815683

Congratulations :D

Thank you for the many thanks and congratulations.

And thank you to Mr. Capitalist for those words.  I know.  But it is also good to have that idea in mind, it never hurts to be reminded.

Two congrats:  the first, the song leaders 5 year old daughter.  She could barely pronounce the word, but did offer congrats.  Cute kid.

The second during refreshment time;  a nine year old boy, another cute kid, he says "well, do you feel bad now?"

A sense of humor is always a good thing.

dc

Not to put a damper on your news but I hope you joined for the right reasons and not for the reasons you stated in your introduction that you linked to.

Pam

I'm not sure what you mean.

I do think I joined for the right reasons.

I looked long and hard at what pkstpaul said in his post on the link.

There is a lot more than is just reflected in my own posts.  But all that doesn't necessarily come across on the internet.

However, I still do not have a complete idea of the church. 

Several have asked me 'did the missionaries answer all your questions?'

I have met with the missionaries 15 times. 

My answer is, I have about 10,000 questions, and I think they answered 3 or 4.

I have attended services, including Gospel Principles and Priesthood meeting 6 Sundays.

Maybe 5 or 6 questions have been answered.

I think Capitalist Oinker stated it well, and concisely.

I have a long way to go.  A long long way.

dc

Pam

I'm not sure what you mean.

I do think I joined for the right reasons.

I looked long and hard at what pkstpaul said in his post on the link.

There is a lot more than is just reflected in my own posts.  But all that doesn't necessarily come across on the internet.

However, I still do not have a complete idea of the church. 

Several have asked me 'did the missionaries answer all your questions?'

I have met with the missionaries 15 times. 

My answer is, I have about 10,000 questions, and I think they answered 3 or 4.

I have attended services, including Gospel Principles and Priesthood meeting 6 Sundays.

Maybe 5 or 6 questions have been answered.

I think Capitalist Oinker stated it well, and concisely.

I have a long way to go.  A long long way.

dc

dc, as I'm sure you already know, we don't have to know everything to be baptized. We only have to, first, have faith in God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, and the prophets of the LDS Church having the authority to speak/act for them. Second, we need to repent. Then as long as we are humble, contrite, and willing to allow our faith to lead us, we can be baptized. You don't even have to know who Nephi is...

But I think what Pam was saying is that she hopes you didn't get baptized so you can be comfortable in Utah... :)

Anatess

I didn't.

Nephi is a small town in south central Utah.  No, just last night I was reading more Nephi.

At the Los Angeles Temple I saw the video, You Know Enough, you don't know it all, but you know enough.

I still don't know if I will in fact make it to Utah.  Other than to visit.

But I do have to say I feel more comfortable.  Even right here.  Anatess, you have found it for me.  They have asked me, how do you feel.  That is it.  More comfortable.

dc

Anatess

I didn't.

Nephi is a small town in south central Utah.  No, just last night I was reading more Nephi.

At the Los Angeles Temple I saw the video, You Know Enough, you don't know it all, but you know enough.

I still don't know if I will in fact make it to Utah.  Other than to visit.

But I do have to say I feel more comfortable.  Even right here.  Anatess, you have found it for me.  They have asked me, how do you feel.  That is it.  More comfortable.

dc

My heart is melting... lol.

I've wanted to visit SLC for a long time. I want to attend General Conference in person! Maybe you and I will end up sitting next to each other in the conference center. :)