"I'd like to get to know you" as an old song states

lynnpca7

Forty two years ago, I ran into a friend from high school in a public restroom.  We hadn't seen each other in two years. We renewed our friendship. 

My friend invited me to her apartment for dinner and a singles family home evening group which the full time missionaries also attended.  I thought of myself as "the devil's advocate" rather than as curious andI asked many questions.

One of the missionaries said that it would be a lot easier to answer my questions if I just took the Missionary lessons.  My first thought was, "What have I gotten myself into now?"  I then decided that I couldn't condemn something I knew nothing about.  I decided to take the lessons, read the assigned scriptures and pray as instructed so I could look my friend in the eye and tell her that I had learned for myself that she was being deceived. 

I received answers that I was not anticipating and three weeks later I was baptized.  I have since served a full time mission in the Harrisburg Pennsylvania Mission, Married my sweetheart in the Salt Lake Temple, raised four wonderful children (three of whom are curently married) and become a Grandma.

I have also had many trials, served in many callings and had my testimony challenged and reaffirmed time after time.  My testimony of the divine origin of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints remains strong.  I have joy in my life and hope for my future. I do not fear what life or death have to hold.  I love my Savior and I'm eternally grateful for the inspired church leaders he has called upon to guide me through this wonderful journey.

Forty two years ago, I ran into a friend from high school in a public restroom.  We hadn't seen each other in two years. We renewed our friendship. 

My friend invited me to her apartment for dinner and a singles family home evening group which the full time missionaries also attended.  I thought of myself as "the devil's advocate" rather than as curious andI asked many questions.

One of the missionaries said that it would be a lot easier to answer my questions if I just took the Missionary lessons.  My first thought was, "What have I gotten myself into now?"  I then decided that I couldn't condemn something I knew nothing about.  I decided to take the lessons, read the assigned scriptures and pray as instructed so I could look my friend in the eye and tell her that I had learned for myself that she was being deceived. 

I received answers that I was not anticipating and three weeks later I was baptized.  I have since served a full time mission in the Harrisburg Pennsylvania Mission, Married my sweetheart in the Salt Lake Temple, raised four wonderful children (three of whom are curently married) and become a Grandma.

I have also had many trials, served in many callings and had my testimony challenged and reaffirmed time after time.  My testimony of the divine origin of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints remains strong.  I have joy in my life and hope for my future. I do not fear what life or death have to hold.  I love my Savior and I'm eternally grateful for the inspired church leaders he has called upon to guide me through this wonderful journey.

wow! very inspiring, and thank you for sharing and welcome :D