Regrets ...

David13

I have returned from a motorcycle trip thru' Utah of 10 days, one of at least two annual trips I have made to meet with other BMW motorcycle riders in Torrey Utah for years.

I first visited Utah 52 years ago as a fairly young teen, and saw the Temple and listened to the organ recital at the Tabernacle.

Those who have followed my introduction and posts on my Baptism and conversion know what I have been doing the last three months.

I did attend services, Sacrament Meeting, Gospel Study and High Priesthood Study in St George and Torrey Utah.

And I went the Temples in St George, Manti, SLC and into the Payson Temple for the open house.

And I have come to understand that I have a great regret about the whole thing, in that I did not make this conversion years ago.  Many years ago.

Going back 52 years, there were certain signs present.  Certain indications.  But for whatever reason I did not actually walk in the door and join until 3 months ago.

And now I realize it really doesn't have to do with moving to Utah.  But I do realize why I have been going to Utah.

The faith there is solid.  It is like a rock.  A beautiful thing to behold.

dc

And I have come to understand that I have a great regret about the whole thing, in that I did not make this conversion years ago.  Many years ago.

Going back 52 years, there were certain signs present.  Certain indications.  But for whatever reason I did not actually walk in the door and join until 3 months ago.

And now I realize it really doesn't have to do with moving to Utah.  But I do realize why I have been going to Utah.

The faith there is solid.  It is like a rock.  A beautiful thing to behold.

dc

I'm interested.  Would you like to share more?

Do you mean about Utah, or the 52 years, or the signs?

If you read my introductory thread and a later one about Baptism you will have most of the story to date.

dc

Oh.  (I meant about regrets, per se.)  Best wishes. :)   

The regret is that I did not do this long ago.

dc

Regret can be a real downer--I know.  My knee-jerk response would be to say something intended to be cheering, but somehow the intended cheer often loses its shine somewhere between the transmission and the reception.  All my best to you.   :)