Shooting at an LDS Stake Center

pam

Guest LiterateParakeet

Let me rephrase; Why did this person, who was subsequently killed, decide to shoot people?

Likely we will never know for certain, but the first thing that came to my mind was that he was a stalker...maybe an ex of the pregnant woman who was shot.  Or he was just insane, or on drugs, or . . .(your best guess here).

If people really want to end their lives, they could be a little less selfish and try not to take others with them.

I just keep wondering why this never seems to happen at KKK rallies, NAMBLA meetings, etc.  Only schools and churches.  If you have to take someone with you, make it someone who actively destroys the lives of others.

It's interesting that several articles seem to describe it as starting as a drive-by, though the suspect was still there when officers arrived, so maybe he just took a few shots at the first crowd he saw, then stopped to do more damage.  The real question to me is how, if he was really there long enough for five agencies to respond, he only managed to shoot one person before they got there.  Almost like the initial victim was only bait to bring out the police.

Edited by NightSG

Eagar, Arizona is a sprawling metropolis of just under five thousand people.  It's likely the stake center's boundaries brought people from fifty miles or more.  It's not exactly a hotbed of violence with well-funded rapid-response teams.  And it's just a guess here, but one reasonable answer to your question, is that the perp wasn't exactly skilled at what he ended up doing.

The answers to everyone's questions will be there as stuff comes out, but it might never have a story written about it since it happened off in the middle of nowhere.

Likely we will never know for certain, but the first thing that came to my mind was that he was a stalker...maybe an ex of the pregnant woman who was shot.  Or he was just insane, or on drugs, or . . .(your best guess here).

I will also add mental illness of some type or depression. Just adding to your list