Using Aluminum Fuel Cells to boost range on Electric cars

This article was posted in June 2014 but I found the information interesting:

While details are yet scarce, yesterday Phinergy Corporate Executive Officer and Founder, Aviv Tzidon confirmed talks with Renault-Nissan are tentatively set for a proposed series production electric car due in 2017 using its range-extending aluminum-air battery.

This was first revealed in a video-recorded semi-private talk with President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu (see video).

After we questioned further, Tzidon said this would be under ideal circumstances, and unforeseen delays on the the French automaker’s side could conceivably push it back to maybe 2018 or 2019, he conjectured, although 2017 was by all appearances the date that is “on the table.”

In any case, Phinergy is ready for this customer and all others, and initially, Tzidon divulged, he did not even expect an automaker would be first to adopt aluminum-air. Phinergy is “patient” and in it for the long term, he said.

Read more at:

http://www.hybridcars.com/renault-nissan-to-use-phinergys-aluminum-air-battery/

From my understanding of what I have read you would need to stop about every 100 miles to refill your water tank since this technology uses aluminum and water.  The battery would also need to be replaced after the aluminum was spent in it. 

This might solve the range issue that many electric cars have.  A 100 mile electric car would fulfill my daily needs.  Just use my gasoline car for long trips.