Yard tools...

bytor2112

After my heart attack I  promised....no more doing my own yard, pool, etc. Well, now that I feel so good again, I am back doing everything :-)

Thought I would post some thoughts on a new toy I acquired today. First of all, I did buy a riding mower after my kids went off to BYU, missions etc and that has been nice. It is a Snapper...(think Forest Gump) and it has a mulching blade which is really nice. I think I started a trend as two neighbors bought the same Snapper after me. I also have a Honda push mower and a really old Murray that I have had for 25 years.

I have a straight shaft Echo weed eater that I have owned for several years and it it is awesome, never, ever had a problem with it. I also have a really old Craftsman that hangs in the pool house and would probably start if I worked on it a bit. 

I have a Toro electric blower and a Stihl gas blower as well as a Stihl chainsaw....oh and an Echo gas hedge trimmer.

Today I bought a Stihl Kombi system...which is basically a power head and a shaft that you can attach various tools. I bought the edger and the pole saw (basically a chain saw on a stick) and I am thus far very pleased. Stihl makes excellent equiptment and I must say the edger is amazing and has literally turned a 30 minute job into a 5 minute job. I was using an electric edger and as you can imagine, it is a process hauling around extension cords etc.

The whole purchase today was about $600.00...but oh so worth it! My son would say, Dad, you could have hired someone for the entire summer for what you paid for that tool .

I live in the South and have a big yard with lots of azaleas and things that need lots of attention and of course it rains nearly every day and the grass grows like mad...so, yeah, I am happy with my purchase.

What do u use?

Edited by bytor2112

I have about an acre and still use a push mower. Bought it from Walmart a few years ago for 165.00. Use a weed eater for the weeds and broom I have had for many years for sweeping.

When my kids lived at home one of them told me we are the only ones in the neighborhood without a riding lawn mower. I thanked them for letting me know that. This same child then went on to tell me that if we a riding mower she would cut the grass for me. Lol!!!! I got a kick out of that.

Edited by Palerider

One of my favorite photos of my daughter is from when she was about 11 years old, her first time driving a 'vehicle' - our trusty Wheel Horse lawn tractor.   She was a natural.  And our beloved German Shepherd following close by her side because he was never sure that any of us should be on that thing.