American Ninja Warrior

beefche

Ok, I just discovered this show. It is so awesome! I cheer for each competitor as it is just so tough.  They each seem to have such a good back story and I admire them for being so focused on getting over these tough obstacles.

This is feeding into my sports need as basketball and football is over. I enjoy baseball, but it's more fun to watch live rather than on TV.  

I ain't got no cable.

So, I can only get sports on local channels which is the Triple A team here in Indy. I watch them sometimes, but I really enjoy being at the game to eat my hot dog, drink my soda, and cheer loudly.  I can only drag Dravin to a game once in a blue moon.  

I seriously think I'm going to become an adopted cheerleader for some teens who play bball and football. I'll go see them and be the creepy lady in the stands who has no kids on the team.  LOL!

I'm a big fan of ANW. I told my husband that it should be considered as an Olympic sport because of what it entails, focusing on not just one or two things (like specific sports do) but multiple things: strength, speed, endurance, balance, dexterity, timing, etc. Once upon a time I thought about signing up but the warp wall would be a major challenge for me, I'm sure, despite there having been 5' competitors before.

I ain't got no cable.

So, I can only get sports on local channels which is the Triple A team here in Indy. I watch them sometimes, but I really enjoy being at the game to eat my hot dog, drink my soda, and cheer loudly.  I can only drag Dravin to a game once in a blue moon.  

I seriously think I'm going to become an adopted cheerleader for some teens who play bball and football. I'll go see them and be the creepy lady in the stands who has no kids on the team.  LOL!

Oooopppppppsssssss ..... Sorry :)

I prefer Wipeout.   ;)  Where the average guy can still win in an obstacle course. 

Maybe they should have competitors that did well in ANW compete on Wipeout. That would be entertaining. 

Edited by EarlJibbs

I prefer Wipeout.   ;)  Where the average guy can still win in an obstacle course. 

Maybe they should have competitors that did well in ANW compete on Wipeout. That would be entertaining. 

We watch Wipeout as we catch it but have seen many of them. It doesn't intrigue me like ANW, though, it's just a lot of clunky clobbering in my opinion. I think in general, if you have decent balance and timing, just about anyone can manage through the Wipeout course, even if you're unfit. With ANW that isn't the case. You get super athletic guys that take the stage, only to lose it with the upper body obstacles, they just don't have the hand grip/strength to make it across... You really have to be well trained in many various aspects of fitness to accomplish an ANW course.

ANW does focus on upper body strength.  Rock climbers usually do really well on these courses. I'm looking forward to seeing it through each stage. The commentators stated that no one has made it through the finals, which is apparently in Japan (the show originated in Japan).

The other cool aspect of ANW is how many of the competitors know each other and train at the same camp, at least, for ones that have returned. Kind of a fun club to be apart of, an elite one, that's for sure!

My wife and I are enjoying this season of american ninja warrior.  Actually one of the guys who completed the course this year for qualifying was my MTC companion so that was a cool surprise.  You just never know who's going to be on the show. 

Was that the dude with the triplets?  I thought he looked Mormon and then when they said he attended BYU, I felt my radar was spot on.  LOL!

The guy whose (who's?) wife is in a wheelchair with a collagen disease.

Edited by Laniston

• 2 weeks later...

I love Ninja Warrior!  But, I've been following the Japanese one for a super loooooonnnggg time.  They have Americans compete in the Japanese version too.

I've only seen the American Ninja Warrior with Kacy in it.  She's my favorite of favorite warriors ever!  She's 5 foot nothing, just like me and Bini.  She's super tough!

I like ANW because every single contestant is being cheered on.  Everyone wants them to win.  So the competition is less about the other competitors and more about their own individual effort.  And I love that men and women compete on an even field, and that there are women out there that are making it through the course.

As for Wipeout, one of my friends has won twice (the second time was an "All Stars" edition).

Edited by bytebear