One Month

MRNoDoubts

Try your ward.

Stand by the front door just prior to Sacrament meeting, and shake hands and introduce yourself to everyone that comes in.  Converse with them about your situation.

Attend the other events at the church.  Baptisms, etc.  Again, talk and introduce yourself.  Talk about yourself.

Have a lunch or open house or some other type of get together at your house.  It doesn't matter if you live in an apartment, many Mormons live in apartments.

Get involved.  Ask the Bishop and the missionaries to take you with them for home study, investigator meetings, etc.

Volunteer.  Usually they ask for volunteers.  Get out there and get known.  Then you can ask them about theology, culture, etc.

dc

• 3 months later...

Hey! My name is "Athena9" and good on you for being baptized . Both my dear spouse and I (at different times when we

didn't know each other) were converts with no other Mormons in our family!   As a single woman in what seemed like the only one in this sea of married families with several kids, I WENT to the ACTIVITIES--- Thanksgiving stuff, Christmas, New Years party, Valentines ,  Easter ..... you get the IDEA.   These people don't drink or hang around Starbucks so they REALLY know how to put on a PRODUCTION  (hint: GO to their POT LUCK's) and do FUN THINGS  for EVERYBODY.  Oh, and find out

about their young adult/adult dances. After a while, SOME COUPLE will come to "adopt' you. So , if you see that happening.

if you want to, GO FOR IT, Now REMEMBER the LDS BELIEVE that we were ALL SISTERS AND BROTHERS IN HEAVEN. 

I DON"T know if you're interested in a member of the "other gender  persuasion" ,  but the Church is good about that too. 

If you want to date or seriously start thinking about a life time partner, this is the place. Other than that, you sound very intelligent and intellectual, so SURE, this Church is famous for BOOK CLUBS, Monday Home Evenings (a regular thing,

get yourself invited to one of those; every family has those.)  which are scripture study.

God bless and keep you. You're in for a fantastic journey...