Why marriage is the best....

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Me: I am getting a Segway. 

LadyGator; No you are not. 

Me: Yes I am. 

LadyGator: You don't need anything else that screams "I am a geek" 

Marriage. Saving men from looking even more like geeks. 

Have a great weekend! 

Edited by MormonGator

Alright, I'll go. This'll make me sound super lazy but it is what it is and husband doesn't complain, in fact, he likes to do it for me and has done it since we officially got married and bought our first car together. He fills the gas tank up as needed, sometimes I'm with him and sometimes I'm not, usually he does it without me when he uses the SUV but I haven't put gas in my car for the last...6 years about. Not once! :D So yeh, perks of being married, for sure!

Other perks...I don't ever have to lift or move anything heavy, and yes, I know it's sexist but having a man around the house really helps in that department. Especially, up and down stairs ;) And something a bit more sentimental...always having someone to share great and terrible news with, and never feeling like you're being judged. 

Alright, I'll go. This'll make me sound super lazy but it is what it is and husband doesn't complain, in fact, he likes to do it for me and has done it since we officially got married and bought our first car together. He fills the gas tank up as needed, sometimes I'm with him and sometimes I'm not, usually he does it without me when he uses the SUV but I haven't put gas in my car for the last...6 years about. Not once! :D So yeh, perks of being married, for sure!

Other perks...I don't ever have to lift or move anything heavy, and yes, I know it's sexist but having a man around the house really helps in that department. Especially, up and down stairs ;) And something a bit more sentimental...always having someone to share great and terrible news with, and never feeling like you're being judged.

Could not tell you the last time my wife filled her car with gas. She can and has done so but it's been a long time. She is only 5'2 so I get called on to reach things that are out of her reach.

Before my wife and I were married, I would frequently hang out with her at her parents' place.  I would sometimes go there right after meetings, change into more casual clothes for the rest of evening, then go back to my parents' home later.

One time I had left to go back home and something funny happened.  I had gotten about 100 yards away when I very clearly, and very distinctly heard her voice call my name.  It was clear enough that I looked in the rearview mirror because I thought somehow she snuck into the back of my car.  She was not there.  I was very confused.  I almost blew it off as some weird twitterpated thing, but I turned around and headed back.  I figured that there must have been a reason why I heard her call my name.

To my utter shock and astonishment, when I pulled into the driveway my girlfriend was standing there holding my suit pants which I had mistakenly left behind.  I was dumbfounded.  She looked just as surprised.

That day I learned that the Holy Ghost will give promptings over anything, even something as trivial as forgotten suit pants, if needed.

...and I also learned that I should probably marry her if we were connected on that level. 

Well, Str8Shooter, maybe your wife just has a louder and more penetrating voice than you realize.  You know, some of these women, you could be way down on the lower 40 and she could just yell "Str8Shooter, you git yer butt back to the house I need something", and you'd be like, "yes, dear" and starting hiking back, because you could hear her, maybe that's what it was.

Ha ha.

In High Priests this week they were talking about how people have helped us. I was going to say nobody ever helped me, which wasn't true so I didn't.  Then I realized the wife helped me.

And several others mentioned how the wife had helped them.

Well, I was swimming and my wife took action to save me.  I would have drowned years ago but for some reason she just sensed that something was going to go wrong and saved my life.
I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for that.

So maybe it would be a good idea if I got married again, if I find the right woman.  That's not easy.

I'm not alone, I have two cats.  But they don't help much.

dc

We knew a lady 5 years ago, she was about 40 and she died at night.  She had a diabetic coma or something, and like someone said, she didn't have a husband or anyone to help her so she just ended up dying in the middle of the night.

Edited by David13

Before my wife and I were married, I would frequently hang out with her at her parents' place.  I would sometimes go there right after meetings, change into more casual clothes for the rest of evening, then go back to my parents' home later.

One time I had left to go back home and something funny happened.  I had gotten about 100 yards away when I very clearly, and very distinctly heard her voice call my name.  It was clear enough that I looked in the rearview mirror because I thought somehow she snuck into the back of my car.  She was not there.  I was very confused.  I almost blew it off as some weird twitterpated thing, but I turned around and headed back.  I figured that there must have been a reason why I heard her call my name.

To my utter shock and astonishment, when I pulled into the driveway my girlfriend was standing there holding my suit pants which I had mistakenly left behind.  I was dumbfounded.  She looked just as surprised.

That day I learned that the Holy Ghost will give promptings over anything, even something as trivial as forgotten suit pants, if needed.

...and I also learned that I should probably marry her if we were connected on that level. 

Last weekend we took our oldest daughter to the Palmyra Temple to get her own endowments.  After we checked in and unloaded all the bags and got them up to the room I had to go move the car.  When I got there I saw my wife's water bottle so I grabbed it.  I also spotted her phone even though it was in a dark place.  I brought them up with me and when I came in she was surprised to see me holding her water bottle.  She said she noticed she didn't have it just after I left and would have texted me to get it but didn't have her phone, at which point I handed her phone to her and it blew her away that I did that.

I shared a room with five other guys at BYU. They were pigs. They drank my milk, ate my food, never cleaned dishes, never vacuumed or took out the trash. I couldn't wait to get married and it was the best thing that ever happened to me!

Now I only have one room mate to pick up after ;)

I shared a room with five other guys at BYU. They were pigs. They drank my milk, ate my food, never cleaned dishes, never vacuumed or took out the trash. I couldn't wait to get married and it was the best thing that ever happened to me!

Now I only have one room mate to pick up after ;)

Smooth.  Way smooth, clwnuke.  You win husband of the internet award.

LOL. Yeah, if she's holding your pants, I'd say that's a sign.

• 1 month later...

My wife dragged me to a Home Free concert last night.  I was being a good boy.  I didn't complain.  And I even like Home Free.  I just don't like going to concerts.  The last time I went to a concert there was a "sweet smelling" smoke before us and a guy we affectionately called "Ralph" behind us.  "Ralph's" presence eventually cleared out my row and the row in front of us.  No more "sweet" smoke.

Anyway, as we were getting to the Home Free parking lot she asked me if I thought I was going to enjoy myself.  In my head I was thinking "NO!!!" but I didn't want to disappoint her.  So I said "eventually" meaning that after I got home and looked back on it I might enjoy remembering the highlights.

But she was on to me.  She followed up, "Do you think you will enjoy the concert?"  UGH!  How can she read me like that?

I hung my head.  I had told her that I wouldn't ever lie to her -- even over the small stuff.  "No" came the response.  "You had to do it.  I was trying to be good.  I was being polite and I didn't want to disappoint you.  But you asked me a direct, clear, & detailed question."  She's getting to be quite lawyerly about these things.

"That's ok.  I pretty much knew you wouldn't.  But I think you'll be glad you came."

I simply smiled and nodded.  The evening wore on.  

But for the guy that spilled his beer on us, it was a pleasant experience.