These things actually do happen on social media.

This real thing just happened with real me. 

• (My Real Name) (Well-articulated and completely accurate political opinion that I can't post on lds.net)

Like · Reply · 9 · 49 minutes
    •  

Rick Something Your a special kind of stupid aren't you.

Like · Reply · 2 · 26 mins
    •  

(Me) *you're

Like · Reply · 10 · 24 mins
    •  

Ethan Something That is a roasting of epic proportions... Rick, you also need a question mark at the end of that sentence.

Like · Reply · 3 · 16 min
Edited by Eowyn
remove links

Well, if we're cutting and pasting:

[Person posting on facebook depression support group] Yeah worse when I'm not quite politically correct about things and don't follow what's considered transgender. I consider myself a guy mentally, but physically a girl. My gender expression is mostly masculine, but I love being girly. I consider myself a female to male genderfluid two-spirit. Because I'm not politically correct about terms and stuff I get called transphobic even if the context isn't done in a transphobic way. Then I get called a fake and get death threats. The page Hiki the Transgender Demon ended up attacking me for being transphobic and after I called them out on being a bigot because they were banning everyone for having opposing opinions, they called me a bigot for calling them out on the harassment and then started slandering my name. In which everyone agreed with them. Then they posted my full name on their page...so now I feel like I'm not safe in the community and that I don't fit in.

Guest MormonGator

I get it all the time. I learned at a young age that the best way to avoid criticism is to say and do nothing. If you have the guts to take a stand someone will get angry.

It's never on you. It's always on them. They need attention, are fussy, insecure in their own beliefs or just having a bad day. I am convinced it's also based in jealousy. They are saying "Eowyn has the guts to stand, and I don't. So I'm going to insult her" 

For what little it's worth, I think it's great that you are standing up for what you believe. 

Edited by MormonGator