Church goer shoots a fellow parishioner

NightSG

I've seen some fairly tense moments over seating in various churches, but this is the first time I've heard of it going beyond dirty looks and mumbled profanity.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/churchgoer-killed-fight-seat-sunday-service-article-1.2618098

A churchgoer shot a fellow parishioner in a Pennsylvania church after a fight broke out over a seat in the sanctuary on Sunday, authorities say.

The argument started when a churchgoer told Robert Braxton III, 27, he was sitting in seats reserved for two other church members during Sunday service at the Keystone Fellowship Church, district attorney Kevin Steele said

I guess they were in the right place. I just hope they listen better to the sermons in the future :D

"A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints." - Pauline Phillips

"When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." - Mark 2:17

33 minutes ago, NightSG said:

The argument started when a churchgoer told Robert Braxton III, 27, he [singular] was sitting in seats reserved for two other church members during Sunday service at the Keystone Fellowship Church, district attorney Kevin Steele said

So he called him fat. I can see where this is going.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

She's your "other wife".  She's allowed.

You always take her side. Aren't you the one who told her that the church no longer allows polygamy?

Thank you Carb. Thank you.   

1 minute ago, zil said:

my mind is in "free thread-association" mode right now

Well, I was the one who took Traveler's thread about wordplay and turned it into a treatise on swords.

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

You always take her side. Aren't you the one who told her that the church no longer allows polygamy?

Thank you Carb. Thank you.   

When she treats you like that, you should be glad we no longer practice it.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Carborendum said:

When she treats you like that, you should be glad we no longer practice it.

Too late Carb. I'm revoking your cool kids club card.

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I always preferred fire.

Are you trying to tell us you are flaming? 

Zen like layers of meaning on that one. 

Edited by MormonGator

39 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, what's your favorite sword?  I mean, if I'm going to do you in, I wanna do it right.  Right?

Well to be honest, I think there's just something cool about a Scottish Claymore, but most people don't know how to properly wield one these days so I'll just settle for the traditional European Longsword.  That said, there's a lot to be said for the cavalry sabers used by the Muslim light cav during the Crusades...

... wow this conversation got dark...   :cool: