Non-Homeschooled Kids

Oh - and for the record, the last time my wife said to the kids "Ok, pick something and we'll learn everything there is to know about it,"  they picked My Little Pony.  Next thing you know, we got weird dudes in their 20's at WalMarts offering my 13 yr old a hoof bump.  You're dang tootin' I learned everything there was to know about bronies. :)

1 hour ago, The Folk Prophet said:

My plan for homeschooling is just to let my kids run amok and they can start their education at community college when I kick them out of the house at 18. That sounds like it'll work, right?

:banana:

Worked for us.

19 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Yes.  You are correct.  One family in our ward who is home schooling her 5 children are strictly following a different method that follows a specific curriculum that she bought from some organization.

I do like LeSeller's idea of kid-run learning.  We achieve this set-up though our Public School instead of a home school.  So, it's not unique to home schools only.

I had an old boyfriend who was once touting the wonders of a school his nieces and nephews attended (a Warldorf model, for the record, which does have some perks in my view). When I asked him what was best about the school, he described some activities that are extremely common in even the most boring and standard public schools. 

I do admire child-lead learning and school choice in general, but I do have to laugh at how oblivious people can be to that school types are rarely completely unique from each other.