LDS Member gives prayer at Republican National Convention.

NeedleinA

Nathan Johnson, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Nathan Johnson delivered the invocation at the opening of Day 3 of the 2016 Republican National Convention.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4611596/nathan-johnson-church-jesus-christ-latter-day-saints

You don't want to mess with those Mormon political prayers. 

• On January 19, 1881, the Apostles gathered together in a prayer circle and bore witness before God against their persecutors, by name, including "The Presidents of the United States, the Supreme Court, the Cabinet, the Senate and House of Congress of the United States, the Governors of the States and Territories, the judges and officers sent unto you; And all men and persons who have taken any part in persecuting you, or bringing distress upon you or your families, or who have sought your lives, or sought to hinder you from keeping My commandments, or from enjoying the rights which the constitutional law of the land guarantees unto you."  (Indirect source)
  • On March 4, 1881, newly-elected president James Garfield gave his inaugural address; including the statement that "The Mormon Church not only offends the moral sense of manhood by sanctioning polygamy, but prevents the administration of justice through ordinary instrumentalities of law."  (Source)
  • On September 19, 1881, Garfield was assassinated.

Coincidence?  I think not!!!!!

Edited by Just_A_Guy

On 7/23/2016 at 8:29 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

You don't want to mess with those Mormon political prayers. 

• On January 19, 1881, the Apostles gathered together in a prayer circle and bore witness before God against their persecutors, by name, including "The Presidents of the United States, the Supreme Court, the Cabinet, the Senate and House of Congress of the United States, the Governors of the States and Territories, the judges and officers sent unto you; And all men and persons who have taken any part in persecuting you, or bringing distress upon you or your families, or who have sought your lives, or sought to hinder you from keeping My commandments, or from enjoying the rights which the constitutional law of the land guarantees unto you."  (Indirect source)
  • On March 4, 1881, newly-elected president James Garfield gave his inaugural address; including the statement that "The Mormon Church not only offends the moral sense of manhood by sanctioning polygamy, but prevents the administration of justice through ordinary instrumentalities of law."  (Source)
  • On September 19, 1881, Garfield was assassinated.

Coincidence?  I think not!!!!!

Those Danites at it again.

On 7/22/2016 at 9:58 PM, NeedleinA said:

Nathan Johnson, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Nathan Johnson delivered the invocation at the opening of Day 3 of the 2016 Republican National Convention.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4611596/nathan-johnson-church-jesus-christ-latter-day-saints

I guess our current technology hasn't perfected voice recognition yet.  Quite the prayer.